am i the only one who hates crossbreed? - Page 2

am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

This is a discussion on am i the only one who hates crossbreed? within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I found mine to be noisy, uncomfortable and lacking in retention. Someone else mentioned it and I wonder if some sort ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I found mine to be noisy, uncomfortable and lacking in retention.
    Someone else mentioned it and I wonder if some sort of leather treatment would help to soften the leather for more comfort and help get rid of the noises. I do remember from reading the information sheet that came with mine about their set-up for the level of retention and how to change it for a more personalized feel. The process involved using a hair dryer to heat and soften the kydex around the trigger guard and/or ejection port to create more retention.

Baby powder stops the creaking until the leather is broken in. I started buying holsters from Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters because Crossbreed refused to offer plain clips for their holster. Concealed means concealed, no matter how small and unobtrusive they claim the crosses on their clips are.

There are alternatives.

Distinguished Member
    Ok, I'll jump. Have a Shield 40 and have always wants to try a super tuck. It is super tuck? Even with the issues I'll go on faith. Never bought on the forum.....what's next?
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member
    PM sent. Duh....not enough coffee
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I will always support a company that stands by their product like Crossbreed does. I have the mini tuck for my P238. No creaking retention is fine. Put mink oil on it 3 night straight before carrying.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I have tried moving this thing all over the place and just can't find a place where it fits ME right. I get made every time I bend over. I always bend at the knees I had my wife take pics of me to show and you can definitely see. I will say every time I have been busted was by a chl holder. I honestly think 99% of the people don't pay attention to anything. I just like my old faithful better.

I've never been a fan.

I don't understand the perceived need to have half a cow attached to a CCW holster

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06bruce View Post
    So I always had old faithful holsters and decided to give crossbreed a try when i got my m&p shield since then I have been busted about 4 times and they creak. I hated the fact that I had to pay extra for a combat cut when the old faithful comes like that so I took scissors to it. I know I should not have done that and it voided my warranty but I expected it to alot better and not have to return it. I carry it right above my back right pocket same place I carry my m&p9c with my old faithful and have never been called out. So of anyone wants a crossbred ill ship sell you one for $50 tyd!
    The statement in "bold" is a flat out lie!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Baby powder stops the creaking until the leather is broken in. I started buying holsters from Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters because Crossbreed refused to offer plain clips for their holster. Concealed means concealed, no matter how small and unobtrusive they claim the crosses on their clips are.

There are alternatives.
    Crossbreed offers several styles of clips. You do NOT have to use the standard clips!

Love my CBST. After almost a year, I decided to send it back to them to get the combat cut, and to have the retention tightened up a little bit. After about 3 days without it, I got a package in the mail, with a BRAND NEW super tuck for my gun, combat cut and tighter retention than my original one. I have to break in a new horsehide to fit my hip, but that will be a labor of love.
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR22

Easy there buddy I'm not trying to make up lies just thought the fact that i cut it would mess things up a little.

Distinguished Member
    I wear a CBST for my SR9c, and it has performed great. No issues whatsoever. I have spoken with them via phone several times( prior to ordering) and found them to always be helpful and courteous. I like 'um.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I've never been a fan.

I don't understand the perceived need to have half a cow attached to a CCW holster
    This.

I don't hate Crossbreed, I just feel there are better options for me.

Hate is a four letter word. It also has a clear definition in the dictionary even if it may be used as slang. I don't actually "hate" anything or anyone. If I was to hate something or anyone.....it would crush me and who I am. I do however dislike many things.
    Personally? I simply can't work with any of the hybrid holsters I've tried. It's no picnic for most finding the absolute best holster. Life and disappointments kind of go hand in hand. Over the years, I've shipped out many of my own personal holsters for others on the forum to try because I know how difficult it can be to nail it down to what you want or need. Makes a lot of difference. Matter of fact......it makes the difference in those who have permits and those who actually carry on a daily basis. I could honestly say that I wouldn't be very surprised with real statistics on that subject. Kind of like knowing that only 20-25% of registered voters are going to turn out for the big election this year. My local election turnouts here were extremely pathetic last month. All of us as a nation have more serious problems to think about other than who you "hate". Looking at the big picture seems to make your issue diminutive at this point.
    Say....since you're in my home state......just drop me a line whenever you are looking for advice or need help with a project. I might have some good suggestions for you on holsters for your main carry position. I've been down a lot of dirt roads myself and I've also had the opportunity to observe a few Guinea Pigs. :)

VIP Member
    Careful to avoid compromising the cover of the trigger guard or good retention, I have modified the bodies and/or clips of the hybrid and Kydex holsters I use: CTAC, MTAC, and CBST. The holster should allow both a full grip without interference with the hand and also proper cant for it's location around the belt. Printing while bending can be eliminated by moving the holster closer to the hip, giving it more cant, or using a gun with a shorter, thinner grip frame. Velcro clips prevent the holster from sliding around the belt, and they are concealed behind the belt. Fairbairn wrote that everyone ought to make their own holsters, but with the many good designs available, only slight modifications are enough for comfort and accessibility.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast