am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

This is a discussion on am i the only one who hates crossbreed? within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Not every holster will be right for every person. Forgive me for stating the obvious. I carry OWB 100% of the time and don't even ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

Administrator
    Not every holster will be right for every person. Forgive me for stating the obvious.
    I carry OWB 100% of the time and don't even own an IWB rig.
    So if for some reason I decided that I needed to carry IWB - I would need to test out a few different holster types and styles.

It's great that a "present day" maker will offer a trial period as that would go a long way toward eliminating the "closet full of unused holsters" malady that many of us suffered through in the past.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I only thing to hate is the word "hate"

Of course you can hate yourself as in " I hate the way these jeans make me look fat"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I have never worried about jeans making me look fat.

I bought one some time back and found it to be about the same as those made by some guys at home . Not exactly top grade flexable leather and a rough backside with a very basic plastic holster. Gave it to a friend and bought a Comp-Tac monaur neutral with backed with glove leather, highly flexable, options to change the plastic holster only if a different firearm is used and tension adjustable. Difference like night and day.

I wish you has posted this before I ordered a holster for my shield I loved the supertuck I had for my Glocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Senior Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Kg4 I'll let you know if it doesn't work for me
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Guess so we have 3 already for different pistols & iam lookin to buy another for my Kahr PM45 if anyone has 1 up for sale
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

That's why I like Com-Tac. Minimal material and maximum options, i.e. retention screw-multiple cants, plus no sweaty leather.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I like Crossbreed, but I don't expect from them more than they are. They're not Milt Sparks or even Galco. They make functional holsters fast, and they aren't pretty and sometimes require a lot of tweaking. Both of mine were cheap and ugly enough that I did my own combat cuts. I also had to trim some kydex on my Supertuck for my M&P9c, because the sight channel was molded off-center and at an angle, which hindered the draw.
    Hakkaa päälle!

They do take up a lot of real estate. But they are very flat and comfortable. They conceal very well and are stable on the belt, no wobble forward or back.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

The thought of stuffing all of that leather into my pants turned me off from buying one for my SR9c! I've been leaning towards the PJholster. It looks to be thinner and take up less waistband space?
    Tony

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I have never understood the blind devotion by guys just getting a CCW and just getting a firearm, to having to get themselves a Crossbreed holster they have never seen or touched.

It's like watching guys run out and spend money on something just because the words Israeli, SEAL or Spetsnaz are in the offering's name.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I have never understood the blind devotion by guys just getting a CCW and just getting a firearm, to having to get themselves a Crossbreed holster they have never seen or touched.

It's like watching guys run out and spend money on something just because the words Israeli, SEAL or Spetsnaz are in the offering's name.
    I've never seen blind devotion to Crossbreed from people just starting out. The devotion comes from experiencing a lot of uncomfortable CC holsters then discovering a company that makes a product that totally lives up to it's reputation for EXCELLENCE.

-

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I've never seen so much discomfort with holsters in my life. Somehow I even managed to wear a thin leather holster for years back during my broke days and never had a comfort problem.

Like I said, and CrossBreed is just an example, I have never understood groupieism.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I've never seen so much discomfort with holsters in my life. Somehow I even managed to wear a thin leather holster for years back during my broke days and never had a comfort problem.

Like I said, and CrossBreed is just an example, I have never understood groupieism.
    Neither have I. (Glockheads are one prime example I can think of.)

-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast