Defensive Carry banner

am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

5K views 46 replies 35 participants last post by  ScottM 
#1 ·
So I always had old faithful holsters and decided to give crossbreed a try when i got my m&p shield since then I have been busted about 4 times and they creak. I hated the fact that I had to pay extra for a combat cut when the old faithful comes like that so I took scissors to it. I know I should not have done that and it voided my warranty but I expected it to alot better and not have to return it. I carry it right above my back right pocket same place I carry my m&p9c with my old faithful and have never been called out. So of anyone wants a crossbred ill ship sell you one for $50 tyd!

#2 ·
I hated the fact that I had to pay extra for a combat cut
I just saw that today (hadn't been to their site). So it is ludicrous to have to pay extra for less material. I don't get it either.

On that note, I am a Remora guy (gonna try a Sticky Holster for my M&P40c, just to be able to know which I like better) and, while they have no clips, they work great for me and they are just plain flexible. My wife uses one with her Shield to keep next to her when at home and also under her pillow while sleeping.

#5 ·
I think CrossBreed is a pretty doggone fair company with quite a bit of business integrity.

They give you two weeks to try out their holsters and if you don't like them "for any reason" they will buy the product back. No questions asked. Had you taken advantage of that you probably would not have anything much to complain about right now and you could have had all of your money back to shop around for something else.

LIFETIME WARRANTY: Once you receive your holster you have two weeks to try it out, if it doesn't work for you, simply give us a ring and we will buy it back. Even after your two-week-try-it-free period is over, the holster still carries a lifetime warranty and we will repair or replace it as long as you own it if it fails you in any way under normal use.

Also...if you're offering to sell it then this really needs to get moved to Members Buy, Sell, Trade as it's posted in the wrong forum area.

#7 ·
I finally saw a CBST at a gun show, and didn't bother trying it on. I just can't see covering that huge amount of my personal real estate, when a Sparks Summer Special accomplishes the same concealment mission with only one third of the area required. The Super Tuck may work for some, but - not for me.

#8 ·
I have the CB super tuck and a Galco King Tuk, both are about the same as far as design, quality and comfort and both have served me well with no problem(s).

Reactions: zonker1986
#9 ·
-
I decided against getting a combat cut with my QwikClip, not because it cost more but because I wanted to try it fully intact - & I wasn't disappointed. I wear mine at 4:30 with a sharp cant & haven't had any problems with conceal or comfort. They even set me up with a few spare clips gratis after the original one failed.

I would've tried whatever holster you ordered for a while & if you didn't want to pay up for the cut, returned it within the required time.

#24 ·
Baby powder stops the creaking until the leather is broken in. I started buying holsters from Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters because Crossbreed refused to offer plain clips for their holster. Concealed means concealed, no matter how small and unobtrusive they claim the crosses on their clips are.

There are alternatives.
Crossbreed offers several styles of clips. You do NOT have to use the standard clips!

#20 ·
I will always support a company that stands by their product like Crossbreed does. I have the mini tuck for my P238. No creaking retention is fine. Put mink oil on it 3 night straight before carrying.

#21 ·
I have tried moving this thing all over the place and just can't find a place where it fits ME right. I get made every time I bend over. I always bend at the knees I had my wife take pics of me to show and you can definitely see. I will say every time I have been busted was by a chl holder. I honestly think 99% of the people don't pay attention to anything. I just like my old faithful better.

#23 ·
So I always had old faithful holsters and decided to give crossbreed a try when i got my m&p shield since then I have been busted about 4 times and they creak. I hated the fact that I had to pay extra for a combat cut when the old faithful comes like that so I took scissors to it. I know I should not have done that and it voided my warranty but I expected it to alot better and not have to return it. I carry it right above my back right pocket same place I carry my m&p9c with my old faithful and have never been called out. So of anyone wants a crossbred ill ship sell you one for $50 tyd!
The statement in "bold" is a flat out lie!

#25 ·
Love my CBST. After almost a year, I decided to send it back to them to get the combat cut, and to have the retention tightened up a little bit. After about 3 days without it, I got a package in the mail, with a BRAND NEW super tuck for my gun, combat cut and tighter retention than my original one. I have to break in a new horsehide to fit my hip, but that will be a labor of love.

#27 ·
I wear a CBST for my SR9c, and it has performed great. No issues whatsoever. I have spoken with them via phone several times( prior to ordering) and found them to always be helpful and courteous. I like 'um.

#29 ·
Hate is a four letter word. It also has a clear definition in the dictionary even if it may be used as slang. I don't actually "hate" anything or anyone. If I was to hate something or anyone.....it would crush me and who I am. I do however dislike many things.
Personally? I simply can't work with any of the hybrid holsters I've tried. It's no picnic for most finding the absolute best holster. Life and disappointments kind of go hand in hand. Over the years, I've shipped out many of my own personal holsters for others on the forum to try because I know how difficult it can be to nail it down to what you want or need. Makes a lot of difference. Matter of fact......it makes the difference in those who have permits and those who actually carry on a daily basis. I could honestly say that I wouldn't be very surprised with real statistics on that subject. Kind of like knowing that only 20-25% of registered voters are going to turn out for the big election this year. My local election turnouts here were extremely pathetic last month. All of us as a nation have more serious problems to think about other than who you "hate". Looking at the big picture seems to make your issue diminutive at this point.
Say....since you're in my home state......just drop me a line whenever you are looking for advice or need help with a project. I might have some good suggestions for you on holsters for your main carry position. I've been down a lot of dirt roads myself and I've also had the opportunity to observe a few Guinea Pigs. :)

#30 ·
Careful to avoid compromising the cover of the trigger guard or good retention, I have modified the bodies and/or clips of the hybrid and Kydex holsters I use: CTAC, MTAC, and CBST. The holster should allow both a full grip without interference with the hand and also proper cant for it's location around the belt. Printing while bending can be eliminated by moving the holster closer to the hip, giving it more cant, or using a gun with a shorter, thinner grip frame. Velcro clips prevent the holster from sliding around the belt, and they are concealed behind the belt. Fairbairn wrote that everyone ought to make their own holsters, but with the many good designs available, only slight modifications are enough for comfort and accessibility.

Reactions: tcox4freedom
#31 ·
Not every holster will be right for every person. Forgive me for stating the obvious. :biggrin2:
I carry OWB 100% of the time and don't even own an IWB rig.
So if for some reason I decided that I needed to carry IWB - I would need to test out a few different holster types and styles.

It's great that a "present day" maker will offer a trial period as that would go a long way toward eliminating the "closet full of unused holsters" malady that many of us suffered through in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.