am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

This is a discussion on am i the only one who hates crossbreed? within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; So I always had old faithful holsters and decided to give crossbreed a try when i got my m&p shield since then I have been ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: am i the only one who hates crossbreed?

So I always had old faithful holsters and decided to give crossbreed a try when i got my m&p shield since then I have been busted about 4 times and they creak. I hated the fact that I had to pay extra for a combat cut when the old faithful comes like that so I took scissors to it. I know I should not have done that and it voided my warranty but I expected it to alot better and not have to return it. I carry it right above my back right pocket same place I carry my m&p9c with my old faithful and have never been called out. So of anyone wants a crossbred ill ship sell you one for $50 tyd!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06bruce View Post
    I hated the fact that I had to pay extra for a combat cut
    I just saw that today (hadn't been to their site). So it is ludicrous to have to pay extra for less material. I don't get it either.

On that note, I am a Remora guy (gonna try a Sticky Holster for my M&P40c, just to be able to know which I like better) and, while they have no clips, they work great for me and they are just plain flexible. My wife uses one with her Shield to keep next to her when at home and also under her pillow while sleeping.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Crossbreed holster aside.....

Let me get this straight. You've been made 4 times in the last month or two? With a subcompact single stack 9?

I think you might be doing something wrong.

Have you tried a shirt that isn't made of spandex?
    Bark'n, Crazy8, ericb327 and 2 others like this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I am a small guy and nobody has a clue that I carry a M&P Shield in a CBST. Not sure what you are doing for people to notice. As for the creaking, get some saddle soap or some other leather treatment to cure it.

Administrator
    I think CrossBreed is a pretty doggone fair company with quite a bit of business integrity.

They give you two weeks to try out their holsters and if you don't like them "for any reason" they will buy the product back. No questions asked. Had you taken advantage of that you probably would not have anything much to complain about right now and you could have had all of your money back to shop around for something else.

LIFETIME WARRANTY: Once you receive your holster you have two weeks to try it out, if it doesn't work for you, simply give us a ring and we will buy it back. Even after your two-week-try-it-free period is over, the holster still carries a lifetime warranty and we will repair or replace it as long as you own it if it fails you in any way under normal use.

Also...if you're offering to sell it then this really needs to get moved to Members Buy, Sell, Trade as it's posted in the wrong forum area.
    ericb327, RMS and joker1 like this.

I absolutely love my crossbreed and will not use any other holster for concealed carry. I carry my Glock 27 all day every day. Personal preference I guess.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    joker1 likes this.

I finally saw a CBST at a gun show, and didn't bother trying it on. I just can't see covering that huge amount of my personal real estate, when a Sparks Summer Special accomplishes the same concealment mission with only one third of the area required. The Super Tuck may work for some, but - not for me.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have the CB super tuck and a Galco King Tuk, both are about the same as far as design, quality and comfort and both have served me well with no problem(s).
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I decided against getting a combat cut with my QwikClip, not because it cost more but because I wanted to try it fully intact - & I wasn't disappointed. I wear mine at 4:30 with a sharp cant & haven't had any problems with conceal or comfort. They even set me up with a few spare clips gratis after the original one failed.

I would've tried whatever holster you ordered for a while & if you didn't want to pay up for the cut, returned it within the required time.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I'm carrying my G23 in a crossbreed right now. Horsehide combat cut. Love it.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I am completely satisfied with my horsehide CBST for my M&P 9c. Originally ordered it without the combat cut but sent it back to have them "add" the feature. I can wear it all day and almost forget it's there.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Gunga Galunga

Am I the only one that hates Crossbreed?
    Yup, apparently. I have one and love it. They provide a service and we partake of it; plus they have a two week trial. What's not to like.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Yup, apparently. I have one and love it. They provide a service and we partake of it; plus they have a two week trial. What's not to like.
    I found mine to be noisy, uncomfortable and lacking in retention.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I found mine to be noisy, uncomfortable and lacking in retention.
    I only have the one. It's for my Sig P238 and it fits like a glove. If I was you I'd contact CB and see what they would be willing to do before you write um off..just sayin.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I've seen plenty of comments (in another thread), hating on Crossbreed. But I don't think it's because of the quality of their holsters.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast