Selling my WASR underfolder Pic's (TX)

This is a discussion on Selling my WASR underfolder Pic's (TX) within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; OK I am finally willing to part with my WASR underfolder. I refinished the metal parts buy stripping off the crappy original finish and using ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ErnieNWillis

Thread: Selling my WASR underfolder Pic's (TX)

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

OK I am finally willing to part with my WASR underfolder. I refinished the metal parts buy stripping off the crappy original finish and using Rustoleum high temp BBQ pit spray paint. I applied 3 coats then baked it on and it came out really nice and hard. The wood was stripped and stained with red - mahogony and sealed with polyurathane. I also added a Polish wood pistol grip stained the same color. Charging handle was stripped and polished using jewelers rouge and buffing wheel. All sights and gas blocks are straight. Mag well fits very snug with steel surplus magazines. The fire selection was filled (red/ fire) (white/ Safe). Also the text on front trunion was filled white. This is a VERY nice WASR. I priced them on Gunbroker and a local gun show a few weeks back and they were going for $600+ in their original crappy configuration. I am asking $550 plus shipping. I would prefer local pick up in the North Houston/ Conroe area but will ship if need be. I will try to post pictures soon but can email picks this evening. I will also include 4 steel surplus mags and around 100 rounds of 7.62 x 39 assorted ammo.

Here are some pic's.

WASR2.jpgWASR2.jpgWASR1.jpg
    Last edited by ErnieNWillis; August 13th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Bump...

$500 and it's yours with the extra goodies!

Can't believe there's no interest here. This is a great price for this rifle. You'd have a hard time finding another deal like this. Just saying.......

VIP Member
    Ernie I already have several AK's but I wanted to say that you did an excellent job on the refinish and that is an excellent price.

Hope it sells.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ernie I already have several AK's but I wanted to say that you did an excellent job on the refinish and that is an excellent price.

Hope it sells.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I'm kinda ready to do another one. It was fun!

Sold!!!!
    atctimmy likes this.