Looking for a 380 or 9mm please help

This is a discussion on Looking for a 380 or 9mm please help within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Regardless of whether you find somebody to sell Face to face being the son of a trooper you realize the sale has to either go ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for a 380 or 9mm please help

Regardless of whether you find somebody to sell Face to face being the son of a trooper you realize the sale has to either go thru paperwork you fill out at a State Police Barracks or thru an FFL.
    Sometimes you can find great deals online,BudsGuns ships to your FFL free where you need to fill out the FFL form and transfer fee.
    If your trying to circumvent the process in your State it could be that you are prohibited to possess a firearm.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If you're just getting started, you need trigger-time more than ANYTHING else. If you're on a tight budget, you need rimfire more than ANYTHING else. Don't get ahead of yourself, I would rather see you become an experienced, skilled pistolero with a Ruger Mk ? or a Browning Buckmark with the short-term risk of having to defend yourself with a rimfire than a lifetime of sub-par skills with a marginal quality handgun because you, uh...didn't take my wonderful advice!
    this!!! .22 is your friend..

Just getting into handguns, and you want something cheap to learn on.

Consider picking up any of the 9mm third-generation Smith & Wesson semi-auto pistols that you can find used, at auctions (ie, GunBroker or GunsAmerica) or at many pawn shops and gun shops. Unless grossly abused, they'll last practically forever and likely be dead nuts reliable. They can be a great gun to learn on. Discontinued, sadly, but they're everywhere, and many can be had quite inexpensively. There aren't really any puny, mousegun variants of these in the third-gen group of S&W pistols, but most of them are fantastic choices.

Ditto on the others' recommendation to head to a large rental range, at which you can test out several different guns. Much of the suitability of a given gun is going to be the ergonomics and mechanicals, how it specifically fits you. Can't know that until you get one in hand, better yet while test-firing it on the range.
    sid1 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Regardless of whether you find somebody to sell Face to face being the son of a trooper you realize the sale has to either go thru paperwork you fill out at a State Police Barracks or thru an FFL.
    Sometimes you can find great deals online,BudsGuns ships to your FFL free where you need to fill out the FFL form and transfer fee.
    If your trying to circumvent the process in your State it could be that you are prohibited to possess a firearm.
    No I am 100% trying to go through an FFL and everyone that I have talked to about potentially purchasing a firearm I have expressed this is the only way that I will perform a purchase is through a FFL

Also I have spent a lot of time recently on budsgunshop, and cheaperthandirt looking at different deals as they do shop free to the FFL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12