FS: Leupold FX II 4x28 handgun scope

This is a discussion on FS: Leupold FX II 4x28 handgun scope within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; This scope has had one trip to the range on a Thompson Encore. I bought one like it on my way to Wyoming in the ...

Thread: FS: Leupold FX II 4x28 handgun scope

Distinguished Member

This scope has had one trip to the range on a Thompson Encore. I bought one like it on my way to Wyoming in the bargain cave at Cabelas. It wouldn't hold zero. On the way home, I bought this one and sent the first one to Leupold for repairs. This new one wouldn't zero either. Meanwhile, Leupold sent the bargain cave one back with a clean bill of health. I realized that I needed a heavy duty mount so I set it up with a 3 ring dovetail set and that was that. But I don't need 2 of them. I'll throw in a new set of Lynx silver/steel 1" rings. This one has had less than 20 rounds pass under it and it's 100%. Not so much as a scuff on it. And to be clear, this is NOT the one from the bargain cave. This one was new and off the shelf.

Specs:

Finish - silver
    Length - 8.4"
    Weight - 7 oz
    Eye relief - 18"
    Reticle - Duplex
    FOV @ 100 yds. - 9'

New this is $350. I'm asking $250. BTW, out of 31 customer ratings on Cabelas, this scope averages 4.8 out of 5. And of course, it's good American made stuff. Thanks.
    Attached Images
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I just joined the forum to make a comment on this scope. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules.

I just wanted to say I bought one of these scopes to use as a "scout scope" on a M-48 Yugo Mauser and it works beautifully! I had another "handgun" scope on it but the eye relief wasn't correct. After doing some research, I chose this model of scope and am very happy with it!
    So, if you've been looking for a quality scout scope, this is the one!!!