WTB - S&W Shield 40 or 9mm

This is a discussion on WTB - S&W Shield 40 or 9mm within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Looking for a S&W Shield, preferably in NC or SC. I have a Marlin 30-30 336A for a possible trade or a Taurus TCP 380 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ost911

Thread: WTB - S&W Shield 40 or 9mm

Looking for a S&W Shield, preferably in NC or SC. I have a Marlin 30-30 336A for a possible trade or a Taurus TCP 380 + cash if you're interested in either of them. Purchase permit in hand.

Anybody got one for sale?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Me too

NoBama 2012

i own a .40 shield. ive got my name on a waiting list and am pretty close to the top. idk what caliber i get but if i end up with one ill pass it on for what i have in it + shipping to your ffl. btw my cost after taxes are $471
    joshw0000 likes this.

Re: WTB - S&W Shield 40 or 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by ost911 View Post
    i own a .40 shield. ive got my name on a waiting list and am pretty close to the top. idk what caliber i get but if i end up with one ill pass it on for what i have in it + shipping to your ffl. btw my cost after taxes are $471
    I really appreciate that. I'm on a local waiting list as well for the 9 and 40 but they're selling them for $325. So you can imagine I'm # 100+ on this list. Please let me know if you get one and hopefully I can take it off your hands. Thanks!

~~fingers crossed for 40 caliber~~

A friend of a friend (who happens to be a local cop) has 2 S&W Shield 40's and has agreed to sell me one for the amount he has in it ($485). If all goes well, I'll be a proud Shield owner tomorrow!

So of course I'm overly excited and started looking online for videos and stumbled across these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flnF...e_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77sP...e_gdata_player

So for less than $100 I can easily convert it to a 9 mm by swapping the barrel. My wedding anniversary is in March. Guess what I'm asking for?

I'll leave this thread open until I actually get my Shield. Then I'll request to close it. Wish me luck!

I got it and I love it! This will be my CCW once I take the course and get my permit.

Mods feel free to close this thread.

Congrats Josh! You've got one. I carry Hornady Critical Duty in mine and it performs flawlessly. There was at one time, as great concern about mags dropping out of the guns, but I've had mine for about 8 months now, was one of the first guns coming into the store (two of my customers bought one before me) and their's never missed a heartbeat either, so I bought the third one into the store 399.95 minus my 10% employee discount. The 180 gr feds work well too. 165 Gold dots, corbons, golden sabres work without a hiccup too. I've written to S&W about a 357 Sig conversion barrel, which would REALLY make it a screamer.
    High Noon makes a good holster for the gun, but I carry mine in a holster for a glock 36. Seems to fit well.
    I have about 1000 rounds thru mine.
    I know a lots of the others here have em too, so don't be bashful when asking about their experiences
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thanks man. This forum is what helped persuade me to get the Shield. So many people had good things to say about it so I did my research. Even people who had mag drop issues seem to be getting it fixed my S&W plus the gun will still fire without the mag (good in a defense situation). I couldn't find any articles where people weren't overall happy with it. Started talking to some guys at work and 2 of them where already on a local waiting list for one. I still can't believe I found this one. I ended up paying $485 for it.

The guy I bought it from said it was brand new, never fired. I believe him since it's so clean and it was his second one. Not to mention he was driving a Lexus SUV so it didn't appear like he was hurting for money. So far I've only fired it once. I hit a milk jug from about 25 yards. I have 2 kids so I'll have to find some time away to shoot it.

I have Federals in it now but I did pick up a pack of Hornadys for when I start carrying it. Have you found any bullets that don't fire well in it?