WTB: My first Glock

This is a discussion on WTB: My first Glock within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Looking for a used glock in the Dayton ohio area. Not sure what I want yet, but wanted to see what was out there. Thanks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: WTB: My first Glock

WTB: My first Glock

Looking for a used glock in the Dayton ohio area. Not sure what I want yet, but wanted to see what was out there.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

.45 or 9mm?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    .45 or 9mm?
    Either one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    .45 or 9mm?
    Don't own a 45, but would like to some day. Just started my collection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Glocks are great guns but have you shot one?
    Some, me included, don't like the grip. I also don't like how the mags rattle in the gun.
    Keep an open mind and look at other top brands.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_mp40c View Post
    Some, me included, don't like the grip. I also don't like how the mags rattle in the gun.
    I have shot a glock 23 at least a dozen times and loved it. I currently own an xdm 9 compact which is awesome for both my wife and I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you want a 40 then get the G23. If you want a 9mm, then the 19 is hard to beat. They both come in larger and smaller versions.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

he said first Glock not first gun. he might be as familiar with the alternatives as anyone else.

if you're looking for a polymer striker fired gun with no external safety, no mag disconnect, and no LCI then it's hard to beat a Glock. also, range time will overcome absolutely any issue a person might have with design differences. and none of mine have ever had magazines that rattle in the grip but I've only had 4 Glocks with 15 or so magazines so I'm certainly not an expert there.

Glocks aren't the only fish in the sea but they're great option for the person looking for a lean and proven gun.

I hope you find one soon. Check your local Cabellas. Mine has several used ones (i didn't know they bought/sold used guns) and many new ones on their shelves. They even had a new G30S today that was near impossible for me to walk away from.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.

^^^^^^ What he said. I was confused also about the magazine rattling in the gun. I have a G23 and mine doesn't rattle.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Like I said, Glocks are great guns. Without knowing what he does or has owned, I just gave an opinion. Lots of people are told to buy a Glock and don't think about other options. The first post didn't say if he even owned a gun yet. Don't take it so personal.

Like I said, Glocks are great guns. Without knowing what he does or has owned, I just gave an opinion. Lots of people are told to buy a Glock and don't think about other options. The first post didn't say if he even owned a gun yet. Don't take it so personal.
    I didn't mean to sound as though i was taking it personal because i wasn't. and you make an excellent point. people often discount an entire line of firearms based on nothing but hearsay or a single bad experience with one gun a zillion years ago. I think people that either disregard a gun maker or cling to one often do themselves a disservice. there's a lot to be said for brand loyalty and continuity in your firearms though. but I think it's good to keep your eyes and options open.

I am selling a Glock 19, with night sights and 4 mags- $700

I honestly don't understand what the big fuss is about Glock grip angles. I shoot XD's, my Shield, Rugers and my G19. Being grip angle sensitive is like preferring black boxers over gray ones. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    I didn't mean to sound as though i was taking it personal because i wasn't. and you make an excellent point. people often discount an entire line of firearms based on nothing but hearsay or a single bad experience with one gun a zillion years ago. I think people that either disregard a gun maker or cling to one often do themselves a disservice. there's a lot to be said for brand loyalty and continuity in your firearms though. but I think it's good to keep your eyes and options open.
    That said, don't buy a Taurus.
    SwordMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    I honestly don't understand what the big fuss is about Glock grip angles.
    For me it's the grip shape. Just personal feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast