Smith & Wesson M & P 357 SIG / 40 package

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson M & P 357 SIG / 40 package within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Not sure that I am looking to sell on DC, but... Last month I acquired a Sig Nightmare Carry in .45 ( love it ). ...

Thread: Smith & Wesson M & P 357 SIG / 40 package

Smith & Wesson M & P 357 SIG / 40 package

Not sure that I am looking to sell on DC, but...

Last month I acquired a Sig Nightmare Carry in .45 ( love it ). I have decided to commit myself to .45 and 9mm (long story but there is a Glock 17 in my future). I already have a stockpile of 9mm from past forays into the realm of 9mm...

Thus, I am looking to sell my Smith & Wesson M&P that is marked .357 SIG, but I also have purchased a factory .40 barrel for it as well.

Altogether, the package will consist of the pistol itself (of course), (3) 15 rd. magazines and (2) ten round magazines (unfired), plus a stash of .40 and .357 sig ammo that I have.

The pistol has roughly 300 - 400 rounds through it, mostly .357, but some .40 as well.

Also included in the package are: Galco summer comfort IWB holster, and a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe.

Sorry to be long winded... I am looking for some suggestions on what kind of price I might ask for.

The pistol is in good/great shape. I have carried it some, but since acquiring the Sig Nightmare, the M&P has been relegated to nightstand duty.
    Last edited by Cred's Cariad; June 27th, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Need to know how much ammo you have to go with it, but the pistol itself, with the .40 barrel might be in the neighborhood of $450.
    I paid $465 for an M&Pc identical to what you have FS last year.
    Maybe start out @ around $485 + ammo and you may have to throw in the holster to sweeten the pot so to speak.
    OMHO
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The holsters will be included in the package as well.

It does good to look in the safe every now and then, jut to see what you've got...

As far as the ammo goes I've got:
    200 rounds of Ultramax 125gr .357 sig (remanufactured range ammo, purchased on MidwayUSA),

73 rounds of Prvi Partizan .357 sig (range ammo),

100 rounds of Underwood's 125gr Gold Dot .357 sig,

60 rounds of Hornady 115 gr 357 sig Critical Defense,

40 rounds of hornady 147 grain 357 sig XTP's.

Also, I've got 100 rounds of Underwood's 155 gr Gold Dot in .40 s&w as well.

In the interest of full disclosure, the factory cardboard boxes for the ammo are not present. It is easier, and longer lasting to store the ammo in plastic cases. I did tear off an identifying flap from the factory boxes to identify the ammunition.
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

If I were to sell on DC, what company would I use to ship? What are the normal practices for such a transaction? I'm guessing I would receive funds first, then I would ship the pistol package out?
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

-Theodore Roosevelt-

VIP Member
    You'd receive funds and have your FFL dealer ship to the buyers FFL dealer. Buyer will pay shipping which usually runs ~$20 IIRC
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North