wanting to buy a bowie knife

This is a discussion on wanting to buy a bowie knife within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; So I'm interested in buying a bowie knife. Now I'm not looking for some $20 walmart knockoff. However I certainly don't have multiple hundreds to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dwyermw
  • 1 Post By 031131
  • 1 Post By Snub44

Thread: wanting to buy a bowie knife

So I'm interested in buying a bowie knife. Now I'm not looking for some $20 walmart knockoff. However I certainly don't have multiple hundreds to throw at it either. Maybe a good used one for $50-70? I've recently developed an interest in them and after learning the history I'm very intrigued.

Administrator
    If you search Ebay for Winchester Bowie there are always a bunch of them on there. Basic decent quality basic Stainless Steel.
    They are made for Gerber Knives. Some of the earlier ones are U.S. made and now are made in China. Shop around.

Or if you are feeling creative - you can search Ebay for DAMASCUS Bowie Blank. There are some very decent Damascus blanks listed on there these days.
    Damascus being very labor intensive to produce most are coming from places were labor is still cheap but, the quality is there and the prices are VERY reasonable.

I remember when U.S. Made layered Damascus was selling for 50 to 100 dollars per INCH of blade.
    Now you can get a very good large Damascus Bowie Blank import for around $30.00 and up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Check out BUDK.com
    Traditional Bowies - Big Knives with Razor Sharp Blades
    Collectible Bowies - The Big Knife That Everyone Wants

Also Sportsmansguide.com but they don't always have good ones, have to watch for a while.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Cold steel Natchez. Or you can find a hand forged 11" blade, superior carbon, giraffe bone handle, diamondback rattlesnake skin scabbard with an awesome clip point edge like this on ebay:20130722_182345.jpg20130722_182540.jpg20130722_182601.jpg20130722_182504.jpg
    Jaeger likes this.

Thanks but I hear bad things about paki knives. I.e all the Damascus listed on those sites in a reasonable range. Also same bad news for them cheap ones which is why I'm hoping to find someone that has a used good one they want to unload. If I don't find one by the end of the month I'll probably just buy something decent like Ontario marine raider.
    Jaeger likes this.

...KABAR...

http://www.kabar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    So I'm interested in buying a bowie knife. Now I'm not looking for some $20 walmart knockoff. However I certainly don't have multiple hundreds to throw at it either. Maybe a good used one for $50-70? I've recently developed an interest in them and after learning the history I'm very intrigued.
    Jab73180 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Have you looked at Smokey Mountain Knife Works they have a huge range and I have bought some great knives for great prices

That site has a great selection. Thanks.