Any tips to selling an old firearm? Yugo M48

This is a discussion on Any tips to selling an old firearm? Yugo M48 within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I'm wanting to sell a Yugo M48 that I own and wanted to make sure there wasn't something i needed to do before listing it. ...

Thread: Any tips to selling an old firearm? Yugo M48

I'm wanting to sell a Yugo M48 that I own and wanted to make sure there wasn't something i needed to do before listing it. Is it considered a C&R firearm? If so, do I need to do anything special to sell it? Or can I list it on a site like Gun Broker like any other more modern firearm? Thanks!

P.S. Anyone here want it for $300? lol
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Administrator
    I moved your thread out of Reference and How To & into Members B S T since you did make a selling price offer in your OP.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Try Armslist.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Considering you're in IL, I'd do my own research on state and fed laws and be thorough. To get you started, I'd ask for id, fill out a bill of sale, copy of their FOID, specifically ask if they are currently barred from owning or possessing any type of firearm, bring a voice recorder and a buddy with a gun, and meet at/within sight of a police station. Heck, you may be required to go thru an FFL.

Yes, it's considered a C&R firearm if it hasn't been altered, or sporterized.
    $300 is about right if it's matching in good shape and the crest is visible. You might also want to make sure it's a true M48 (if you don't know) and not an A or B model or other (BO I think). It will just make you look better and not have someone sniping at you for not knowing the difference.