870 stock

This is a discussion on 870 stock within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I'm looking for an 870 stock. Mine is strictly a pistol grip. Would like a stock for more versatility....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: 870 stock

870 stock

I'm looking for an 870 stock. Mine is strictly a pistol grip. Would like a stock for more versatility.

2. Remove Ads

I started with an Remington 870 express tactical with a knox recoil stock.One day at the range a friend of mine showed up with the Magpul stock and forend on his 870 .
    He let me shoot it and shortly thereafter I put the Magpul gear on my 870 and I love it.
    IMO the magpul stuff just works.Shootability,reloading and overall manipulation of the gun.MAGPUL,MAGPUL,MAGPUL.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    magpul sounds like a good idea, even if their kind of like an ex i don't wanna see again, heartbroken, stupid colo.

anyway, i've had a mossy 590 since about 2002, i've considered getting a folder many times, but never have, but as i get older(only 32 now) a full day shooting skeet, or even a long session of slugs or buckshot, my shoulder hurts, so i'm really considering getting one of these recoil absorbing things. though putting a brand new stock on an old wore out shotgun i bought after graduating high school....sounds like a great reason to get new shotty...!

I bought it with just a pistol grip and an extended tube. I replaced the stock pistol grip and foregrip with Hogue. just wanna have a full size/extendable stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    I started with an Remington 870 express tactical with a knox recoil stock.One day at the range a friend of mine showed up with the Magpul stock and forend on his 870 .
    He let me shoot it and shortly thereafter I put the Magpul gear on my 870 and I love it.
    IMO the magpul stuff just works.Shootability,reloading and overall manipulation of the gun.MAGPUL,MAGPUL,MAGPUL.

Quote Originally Posted by superdamian11 View Post
    I bought it with just a pistol grip and an extended tube. I replaced the stock pistol grip and foregrip with Hogue. just wanna have a full size/extendable stock.
    Magpul isn't extendable in the true sense.......but the stock kit comes with spacers to customize pull length .
    The easy way is always mined.

Look on eBay... I found a wood Express stock w/ forearm for under $50 a while back.
    superdamian11 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Do you have any desire for an original 870 stock? If you are interested, let me know, I'll send you a photo.

Bill
    --- Sig 245
    --- Sig P6 (2)
    --- Sig 228
    --- Kahr PM9

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superdamian11 View Post
    I'm looking for an 870 stock. Mine is strictly a pistol grip. Would like a stock for more versatility.
    Let me know as well I may have a couple. I think one in poly (solid) and one LE stock in wood. Give me a pm for pics.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

J_B

870 stock

I ran a Speedfeed pistol gripped stock on my duty carry 870 for 7 years.

I thought it wasn't too bad until I tried the Magpul SGA.

The SGA feels so much better to me. The option to adjust the length of pull is nice.

So if you want the Speedfeed let me know. It's just sitting in the garage.

Definitely interested. let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    I ran a Speedfeed pistol gripped stock on my duty carry 870 for 7 years.

I thought it wasn't too bad until I tried the Magpul SGA.

The SGA feels so much better to me. The option to adjust the length of pull is nice.

So if you want the Speedfeed let me know. It's just sitting in the garage.