(WTB) Anyone have a spare Browning Hi Power hammer?

This is a discussion on (WTB) Anyone have a spare Browning Hi Power hammer? within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I can't believe the prices I'm seeing on BHP parts! Mrs Superhouse shot her first IDPA match yesterday using my Hi Power and suffered hammer ...

Thread: (WTB) Anyone have a spare Browning Hi Power hammer?

I can't believe the prices I'm seeing on BHP parts! Mrs Superhouse shot her first IDPA match yesterday using my Hi Power and suffered hammer bite bad. Someone must have a BHP hammer they're not using. Any shape or configuration is fine, since I'll be cutting off whatever spur there is. Please help my wife stay interested in IDPA.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Try Ebay under gun parts.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Sorry, I'm using mine.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    If you are not in an immediate hurry I would just keep searching on ebay.

I just checked ebay "completed" auctions and these were the prices that BHP hammers sold for. $21.50 $25.00 $22.51 $34.00

There are no reasonably priced active auctions listed right now but, I would check constantly and see if you can grab one that is decently priced on a Buy It Now!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I will keep after Ebay for sure.

I actually just lost on a set of Hi Viz sights for it tonight. Somebody (probably one of you all!) outbid me at the last moment. I'll keep my eyes and options open.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The Numrich one is $71 bucks for a blued hammer! Why is that so much when a 1911 hammer which is no more complicated is like $19.95? Is it that rare ti customize Hi Powers?

NRA Certifed Instructor

Browning Hi-Power BHP Factory Spur Hammer : Small Pistol Parts at GunBroker.com
    That one is buy it now for $23,there are other auctions
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

For many Browning High Power parts the cheapest place to find them is actually (and unusually) Browning themselves. Call (800) 322-4626 and check

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    The Numrich one is $71 bucks for a blued hammer! Why is that so much when a 1911 hammer which is no more complicated is like $19.95? Is it that rare ti customize Hi Powers?
    Why are Browning parts expensive? Because, of course, they're...Browning! And (IMHO) worth every penny.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Remove Ads