Defensive Carry banner

Group Buy: Double Star Lowers at Dealer Cost

11K views 103 replies 25 participants last post by  Tubby45 
#1 · (Edited)
I need some lowers but to save money I need to buy in quantity. I don't have the buying power I'd like so I'm turning to my fellow gunnies to help out with the slack.

Here's the skinny:

* This needs to get at least 25 lowers to get this pricing.
* Each lower is $82 each plus shipping.
* Shipping will be $5.50 for 1 lower, $10 for up to 5 lowers (FRB), and $13 for up to 8 lowers (big FRB). Insurance will be extra.
* This will run until I hit the quota and then a week after that it will close. Upon confirmation of the 25 lowers being spoken for, I will start collecting money. When I have all the money I will place the order with Double Star directly. Should be less than a week before I get them and will start shipping them out ASAP.

When you send the money I need the following info:

Your name, address, username and forum.
Your accepting dealer's contact info and their FFL. They can email it to me or fax it (contact info is on my site).
You can also pay via Credit Card plus 3%.

ETA: Here's an example of what you will get.

See less See more
#33 ·
This is a great deal and you can put a great rifle together with a kit for around $600.00 a little more or less depending on options you want

#41 ·
Today is the last day for this buy, so you have to get your money in. I suggest you go to his website and use a credit card to get in on it and/or PM Tubby45.

#46 ·
Tubby said he was still taking orders thru sunday but when you order in the instruction box make sure you annotate it is for the defensive carry group buy or send him a private message

#50 ·
The buy is officially closed. It should be 2-3 days before I get all the money into my account and I'm still waiting on a few checks/MOs too. I will place the order with Double Star and it should be 2-3 days before I get them in hand, give me a day to enter all of them in my log book (well over 100), and then I will start shipping.

All the orders for which I have FFLs on file will ship the first day. The next day whichever FFLs I get will ship out, and so on.

I will announce which orders ship via order number and post the order number on the forums. If your order isn't listed, it's probably because your accepting dealer's FFL isn't on file yet.

As of yesterday, I have 15 dealers on file from this group buy. That's under half of the orders placed. I'll check with the office shop today to see what other FFLs came in over the weekend. Sending them by email doesn't cost me anything, faxes cost me $1 per page, so I would ask FFLs be emailed to me if possible.

Thanks,
Adam

#51 ·
I know I totally missed getting in on this... but just for future reference - what would it take (cost wise) to go from this receiver to a finished rifle? I guess I'm asking what a parts kit costs (generally speaking, I know there's lots of options here)...

#57 ·
Update:

I hate to do this, but it needs to be done for the sake of others that have already paid in full for some time now.

The payment cut off is this Saturday September 20th. If I don't have your payment in by then, your order will be canceled and any checks or Money Orders will be mailed back the same way they came. This buy has been closed for a week and a half now and there has been ample time to get payment into me. Nothing personal.

I promise to the others that have paid in full the order will be placed with Double Star on Monday September 22. I should start to ship out mid to late next week.

Adam

#58 ·
I had a feeling setting a deadline was going to happen, I know snail mail can be slow, but not even the U.S. Mail is this slow. Come on guys, get the payments in.

#59 ·
Update:

Order shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow. My wife and son are going to Green Bay this weekend and I have the house to myself. I will be processing the order this weekend and all orders for which I have FFLs on file will be shipped out Monday. If your order doesn't ship Monday, it means I don't have your FFL on file.

Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.