Defensive Carry banner

Group Buy: Double Star Lowers at Dealer Cost

11K views 103 replies 25 participants last post by  Tubby45 
#1 · (Edited)
I need some lowers but to save money I need to buy in quantity. I don't have the buying power I'd like so I'm turning to my fellow gunnies to help out with the slack.

Here's the skinny:

* This needs to get at least 25 lowers to get this pricing.
* Each lower is $82 each plus shipping.
* Shipping will be $5.50 for 1 lower, $10 for up to 5 lowers (FRB), and $13 for up to 8 lowers (big FRB). Insurance will be extra.
* This will run until I hit the quota and then a week after that it will close. Upon confirmation of the 25 lowers being spoken for, I will start collecting money. When I have all the money I will place the order with Double Star directly. Should be less than a week before I get them and will start shipping them out ASAP.

When you send the money I need the following info:

Your name, address, username and forum.
Your accepting dealer's contact info and their FFL. They can email it to me or fax it (contact info is on my site).
You can also pay via Credit Card plus 3%.

ETA: Here's an example of what you will get.

See less See more
#65 ·
The following orders will ship tomorrow. If you are not listed I do not have your dealer's FFL on file. It will ship when I get the FFL.

To save on paper and processing on my end, I've set up an automated email box with an attachment of my license in the reply. You or your dealer can send an email to it and it will respond back with a copy of my signed FFL. I cannot afford the time or paper to send out my license with 50+ orders. The email address is fflREMOVETHIS@freakshowguns.com

In no particular order:

#69 ·
Forgot to put a checkmark by your number. Yours will ship too.

I have a list of order number, customer name, FFL name.

On file gets a check by the dealer. Packed up gets a check by the number.

Oversight on my part. Processing almost 160 lowers in a few short days is tiring. I have almost 90 hours tied up in this whole group buy from start to this point so far.

#73 ·
Tubby my orders aren't listed if my FFL didn't send it then I will have a different FFL I dealt with in the past send one for order #'s 129 and 158

#75 ·
I believe he is currently updating his list,but he cannot ship a lower until he has received info from an FFL dealer to ship to.The order numbers he showed were the orders that he had an FFL on file to ship to

#77 · (Edited)
I ordered mine 8/29 and my FFL emailed his copy 8/30. So, when the list came out I was surprised I wasn't on it. I figured no problem, next round and so here I am. :smile:

I noticed that he has the same group buy going on at The Firing Line under the same heading as this one. So, he's probably got a lot of them going out. I hope he can keep them straight. :smile:

I also emailed him about 2 days ago and haven't hear back yet.

#81 ·
Everything is being shipped US mail.

I had a few setbacks this past week, most of which are not open for disclosure. Word came in my brother was KIA in Iraq, only to find out later that he was only WIA (thankfully), and I've been dealing with that. Communication has been hit and miss, for which I apologize. I'm working on getting through them and shipping these lowers out when I can. I want them out of my place as bad as you guys want them.

#84 ·
Awfully glad to hear your brother will be okay. God bless him and his fellow service members.

Not to add to your burden, but I too would like to get in on the next buy at this price point, if you have one going here or elsewhere. Maybe for two lowers -- I'd like to get started on building one now and maybe put another away for a rainy day (such as another AWB).

#88 ·
Has anyone got their lowers yet, besides PackerBackerToo & airslot? Adam today will be three weeks from the date you sent them, are you sure #174 was sent? Because that's pretty slow for Priority mail.

#89 ·
I received all of mine a week ago last Saturday. They are all in squential serial numbers as well.
I haven't built one yet but will hopefully get to soon.

I understand because I'm impatient as well, but I think you'll be happy when you receive it. You might as well order a kit so you can build it when the lower arrives.

#90 ·
Adam,

Can you provide some idea of when the rest of the lowers will be sent out. I have emailed you several times and called once and haven't seen a response. I can see on other forums you have set up other group buys so I assume your personal issues have been worked out. Please provide this forum with a shipping update on this group buy.

#91 ·
After returning from, Canada I had my FFL send you his info,for order 129 and 158 on Monday 10/20 so I should be getting my lowers within a week or so I would assume

#92 ·
I'm working on getting time to ship the rest of them out. Business is picking up lately and there are other things I need to tend to that have priority. I am a one man company with no employees and no help from my wife. I also have a 2yo son to look after and work a second full time job. Just aren't enough hours in a day.

#94 ·
Don't know how to feel.

Business is picking up lately and there are other things I need to tend to that have priority.
I would think when an item is paid for and you have that item in, that should be your priority.

I have lost faith in this group buy. To many excuses and broken promises for me. I purchased 5 lowers using my credit card. I just disputed the charges. Anyone who is still a believer can contact Adam directly and see if they can work out a deal for those 5.
So you haven't got yours yet either, when did Adam say he sent them or did he? He said my two would be sent on 9/29, three weeks later still nothing. On 10/22, I PMed Adam and asked what was up? On 10/23, he PMed me back and said: "Didn't go out yet. I'll try to make it happen today." WTH and no explanation, so I PMed him again and asked him to call me, I'm still waiting, really begining to feel ripped off.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.