Help need some Ctac Clips

This is a discussion on Help need some Ctac Clips within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; Hey all I have a buddy that was nice enough to let me borrow his Ctac holster to see if I like enough to buy ...

Thread: Help need some Ctac Clips

Hey all I have a buddy that was nice enough to let me borrow his Ctac holster to see if I like enough to buy it from him only 1 Problem it has 1 1/2in clips and I only have 1 3/4 belts anyone got a set of clips preferbly c clips (but any will do as long as they are not the velco clips) that they would be willing to sell or atleast let me try out and see if I like them before I spend $$ on clips for a holster I may not like and not buy ?? any help is much appreciated

You sir, are one lucky man. I purchased a C-Tac a long time ago and it came with an extra set of 1.75" clips which are unused. Considering I'm out of a job and can't afford a gun belt, but will order a 1.5" when I can, you can have them. PM me your address and I'll try to get them in the mail tomorrow. First I have to find $6 to ship them. Actually...that's not funny...

-Jeff-

Wouldn't it be easier to borrow a smaller belt, or hit KMart for a $6 or so belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to borrow a smaller belt, or hit KMart for a $6 or so belt?
    Not when you want to use a gun belt. That's the only way to get the true feel of whether he'd like to purchase it or not.

-Jeff-

ETA: If you would like to make a $10/1-Year forum donation in my name for the clips that would be fine. Definitely not necessary, would just be a nice gesture to myself as well as the forum.

(assuming this is allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    Not when you want to use a gun belt. That's the only way to get the true feel of whether he'd like to purchase it or not.

-Jeff-

Respectfully I must disagree, while this type of belt probably won't last as long as a "real" gunbelt, with careful selection of a good thick and stiff belt, it should do for the purposes of trying out the holster. At the very least he could do this tomorrow if he were in a rush, rather than wait for a nice guy such as yourself to loan or ship him the clips.

And just for reference, my opinion is based on the fact that I carry a full size Cz 75b in a CTAC on several 1.5" belts that all cost less that $10 each 7 days a week, including naps at times. I will at some point spring for a dedicated belt. However I have not felt the need since I have tried the gun and holster on a borrowed Wilderness Instructor's belt and felt no great improvement over my kmart specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebrnr View Post
    Respectfully I must disagree, while this type of belt probably won't last as long as a "real" gunbelt, with careful selection of a good thick and stiff belt, it should do for the purposes of trying out the holster. At the very least he could do this tomorrow if he were in a rush, rather than wait for a nice guy such as yourself to loan or ship him the clips.

And just for reference, my opinion is based on the fact that I carry a full size Cz 75b in a CTAC on several 1.5" belts that all cost less that $10 each 7 days a week, including naps at times. I will at some point spring for a dedicated belt. However I have not felt the need since I have tried the gun and holster on a borrowed Wilderness Instructor's belt and felt no great improvement over my kmart specials.
    I guess it could go either way, and I respect your opinion. My CHP hasn't arrived yet (52 days and counting) and have been wearing my firearm around my apartment whenever I can. I had what I thought was a very stiff department store belt, but it quickly lost its' hold. Now, I don't even have a belt large enough to wear my holster around my apartment. In fact, if my CHP arrived tomorrow, I wouldn't even be able to carry because I don't have a belt. I guess I would be able to spring $10 for another department store belt (that would even be tough right now). I suppose it would be better than nothing, but it sure didn't last very long.

-Jeff-

Must not be that anxious to get them.

-Jeff-

Until you have worn "real" gun belt, you wouldn't understand the difference it makes.

customtle, check your PM. I just got back from shipping the clips via FedEx. It's 1 degree outside and feels like -17 with the wind chill, so you better like them! Happy Holidays.

-Jeff-