Solid Oak Display Boxes

This is a discussion on Solid Oak Display Boxes within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I have a few of these oil-finished solid oak boxes to sell for $20.00 ea. shipped to the lower 48 states. The boxes have brass ...

Thread: Solid Oak Display Boxes

Solid Oak Display Boxes

I have a few of these oil-finished solid oak boxes to sell for
    $20.00 ea. shipped to the lower 48 states. The boxes have brass hinges, magnetic catches and felt lined inside bottoms . Paypal or Money Order OK.

Jim
    jpb1943@gmail.com

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

2. Remove Ads

I'll take one. Sending you an email to get the payment details
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

I'll take one.
    P.M. sent.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I'd like one too. Sent PM

Distinguished Member
    I'll take 2! E-mail sent requesting payment info and my order.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Have 7 boxes left. All pm's and e-mails replied to.

Thanks to all ,

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

Still have 5 boxes left.
    G. Alan Foster

Boxes all sold. Thanks
    G. Alan Foster

More boxes available

I now have more of these available. I think they are pretty nice for the $. Maybe other members that have one will comment.

Jim
    G. Alan Foster

Distinguished Member
    This is NOT a negative review. It is an accurate description of what I received. I would have still bought them knowing this.

They are nice enough for the dollars. Do not expect homemade quality, though they appear that they are handmade. They are mass produced in China for an outfit in MO and are not made out of oak, but some other hardwood like popular. They are also not 100% hardwood as the bottom is pressed board covered in felt. The lids on mine are not square to the top. The finish is nicely done. They were shipped promptly and arrived nicely packaged.

The picture is an accurate representation of the product and what you will get.

They are nice enough to have out on the night stand.

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Well - Yes, the bottom is indeed felt covered fiberboard, but the bottoms of most boxes/drawers etc are thin fiber or plyboard. I have seen variations of other types of wood in the top and sides as well, but they are solid wood, 7/16" thick and have a rather nice finish. However, all said and done, not bad. As a woodworker myself I built most of the kitchen and bath cabinets in our house, and I'm not sure that I could make a box that nice for twenty bucks shipped anywhere in the US. In fact I know I couldn't.

Chorizo gave a fair appraisal - thank you sir. I haven't noticed any boxes that had tops that weren't square. Maybe something happened in shipping to cause that.

Jim
    G. Alan Foster

Distinguished Member
    Jim,

No, they were just put on wrong. All I did was unscrew the hinges and reset the top and it worked out fine.

If I had to do it all over again, knowing what I know about them having them in hand: I would still buy them!

This is still a good deal.

Mitch

I would like one but it would need to be big enough for a dan wesson 44 Mag and a 10 " barrel