WTS: Kahr MK40 Elite 2003 SS, EXC COND (TX)

This is a discussion on WTS: Kahr MK40 Elite 2003 SS, EXC COND (TX) within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I have had the wonderful pleasure of owning a very special pistol for the past few months (I'm in Austin, Texas), the Kahr MK40 Elite ...

Thread: WTS: Kahr MK40 Elite 2003 SS, EXC COND (TX)

I have had the wonderful pleasure of owning a very special pistol for the past few months (I'm in Austin, Texas), the Kahr MK40 Elite 2003 model with a Stainless Steel Slide and Frame. The Elite 2003 models have special care given to them along with many upgraded features including: the magazine well is beveled for easier magazine reloading, the feed ramp on the barrel is polished to a high luster to insure reliable feeding with all types of ammunition, and Laser engraving on the frame provides the finishing touch to the polished stainless steel slide and frame. I bought it brand new and unfortunately I need funds right now, and although this is one of my top 3 all time favorite CCWs... I have to sell it (not my desired way to go about making money but it is necessary and I really don't have a choice as I am a college student with many bills to pay off, they seem to stack up pretty quickly) I had to choose a pistol to let go =(

It is an all Stainless Steel semi-automatic pistol that is EXTREMELY accurate and looks and performs in top shape. In fact, it is very, very surprisingly accurate, and considering it has a 3 inch barrel, well, that earns this pistol even more respect. I take exceptional care of my handguns, no exceptions. I detail clean and buff them before I fire them for the first time and I clean them thoroughly and oil them correctly soon after every firing range session. No matter if I fired 5 rounds or 200 rounds, they all get cleaned while I own them. I also lubricate the steel to maintain it's fine condition with Tetra Gun Lubricant and a special cloth that helps maintain the steel in the best possible shape. It seriously is in absolutely excellent shape and I am actually rather upset that I have to let it go. I remember my father once taught me many years ago that if you cannot keep safe and maintain an item that has a lot of value in great shape, then you should not own it. I take great care of mine, so please have faith that I stand by my word.

I was a little bit concerned about Kahr's quality control because I have heard multiple experiences involving the polymer PM series giving people problems because of quality control issues, but they seem to have dissipated for the most part and the Stainless Steel slide and frame models have had no problems that I have heard of or that I have ever experienced myself. I have NEVER had a FTF with this pistol. It is an impressive and powerful little piece which I would trust to function perfectly if it was ever required to be used to protect my life. It has been my experience that this is a flawless pistol. I took a chance with the Kahr line of pistols and this one worked out beautifully.

The MK40 is for concealed carry so when I purchased it I wanted the most reliable CCW possible, in a very compact .40 S&W cartridge. The .40 is an absolutely devastating cartridge and especially when combined with the right self defense ammunition (I'm talking about my personal choice: DoubleTap 155gr / 165gr / 180gr .40 JHPs with my experience being that the DoubleTaps have a consistently higher velocitiy when compared to brands such as Federal HST and short-barrel Gold Dot Hollow Points. These are two of the leading self-defense ammunition brands IMO other than DoubleTap - which are the only rounds that I carry now.

Buying this used in excellent condition also has many benefits. You know that the quality of the MK40 that I have for sale is top notch because of it's record for reliability. You know this pistol is not a lemon for a fact, so that risk is eliminated when compared to ordering from an online retailer. It has also had enough rounds through it (approximately 350 rounds, including the testing of Speer Gold Dot Hollow Points & Federal Hydra-Shock Hollow Points feeding reliability) to prove it's reliability to be used with confidence as an effective Concealed Carry Handgun.

The Kahr MK40 is the thinnest and most compact pistol with a Stainless Steel slide and frame and it WOW it delivers!

(It is 4.0 inches tall, 5.3 inches long, and 0.94 inches wide, with 5+1 .40 S&W rounds in the regular magazines, and 6+1 of .40 S&W with a mag extension)

I have only shot Winchester White Box and High Quality Self Defense JHP ammunition through it. It is dead reliable.

This MK40 package comes with the original case, 2x5 round magazines, 2x6 round magazines, and A BRAND NEW SET OF CRIMSON TRACE LASER GRIPS purchased last week. These grips cost me $230+ dollars and are newly installed on this Kahr MK40. I have not shot this gun with these CTC grips installed, they are brand new just installed onto the pistol replacing the stock grips. The CTC grips are very comfortable in my hands and I myself much prefer them over the stock grips.
    You will have to send your dealer's FFL to my dealer and vice versa by fax (we will discuss this if you intend to purchase the pistol).

The price for this package of 4 magazines, the original box and manuals, original grips, and the Brand New Crimson Trace Laser grips (which I will not separate from the package) will be $825 USD + shipping to your FFL dealer

I accept Paypal (the total will be $849.95 if you choose to use this method but you will receive the pistol much faster, AND please be discreet about it when using Paypal, they get upset when you mention some things of some natures), Personal check (I will wait until it clears before I will ship it out), or a Money Order (I can ship the same day it clears after depositing it). You must include all of your shipping information with whatever form of payment you choose to use. It is best just to PM me your chosen method of payment and your FFL's contact information. Let them know that they should be expecting a call for this pistol from my FFL.

Thank you for your time and if you have any questions you may reach me at my cell number (713)-703-3053 M-TH, anytime before Noon or after 5:00 PM Central Standard time, and also most other times during the rest of the week. You may also contact me via PM or at kashtons@gmail.com

Pictures of my MK40 Elite 2003 SS

With magazine extension (6+1 .40) and with stock grips:

Standard 5+1 mag with Brand New Crimson Trace Laser Grips:

Here is a picture of a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock IWB Kydex holster in pretty great shape that I will include in the package for an additional $40 (They are $60 + shipping new from Comp-Tac). It is a very useful IWB 2 O'clock kydex holster which is easily clipped onto your belt, and rides comfortably and quite naturally at the 2 O'clock position.

This next picture gives a good idea of how thin this tiny MK40 can be concealed with the Comp-Tac 2 O'clock IWB Kydex holster with the standard 5+1 .40 S&W: (In a Smartcarry holster the MK40 will literally feel like it has disappeared. It no longer rides heavily in one area anywhere on your hip, on your belly, in your pocket, or anywhere else that almost all holster designs today require.)

Please PM me with any questions or purchasing inquiries. Thank you for your time! I hope this pistol finds someone who will take very fine care of it.

Kevin

Contact Email: kashtons@gmail.com

to the top

sold sold sold