FS Beltman 38" Bullhide 1 1/4" Brown: VA

This is a discussion on FS Beltman 38" Bullhide 1 1/4" Brown: VA within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I just received this belt today, but it is a little to big. Brown Bullhide , 1 1/4" , 7 holes, Round Brass Buckle, $67.00 ...

Thread: FS Beltman 38" Bullhide 1 1/4" Brown: VA

Distinguished Member

FS Beltman 38" Bullhide 1 1/4" Brown: VA

I just received this belt today, but it is a little to big.

Brown Bullhide , 1 1/4" , 7 holes, Round Brass Buckle, $67.00 plus shipping, firm.

I took some bad pictures of it tonight, if you would like better pictures I will take them this weekend if I still have it.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I have it's exact twin.

For anyone wondering, the 1 1/4" is a great width if your wife is trying to dress you up a bit for an evening out. Still plenty of stiffness, but wear it with dress pants and a tucked shirt and no one will ever know the difference.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Drill another belt hole in it or take it to a leather shop and get it shortend and re-stitched. I've got a couple of belts purchased a few years ago that I wish were a little longer. Sorry, 38" won't do the trick!

Beltman will shorten it for ya for like 10 or 15 bucks i believe, that includes him shipping back to ya, and quick turnaround for that work.

Quote Originally Posted by NYcarry View Post
    Beltman will shorten it for ya for like 10 or 15 bucks i believe, that includes him shipping back to ya, and quick turnaround for that work.
    That's what I would do if you like the belt.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member
    They called me when it was almost finished for my credit card number and I asked them then if I could change the size, they told me no. There is a $20 remake fee. If I can sell it, I can wait another 7 weeks for a new one. It's not worth $20 more dollars to me, for $25 more I can get another Rafter Black Shark and I like it better.

Well that's weird the website says $15 and I had mine done a few months back and just shipped it with a ten dollar bill in there.

Ah well, selling and reordering works too, and someone will be happy without the wait.

. I'm a big guy, what if I lose a lot of weight?
    Don't go punching a lot of new holes in the belt! Send the belt back to us and we'll shorten it from the buckle end. The charge for this service is $15 a belt and includes the shortening and return shipping. Any dual-layer bull hide belt can be shortened TWO inches, FOUR inches, or anything six inches or more. They cannot be shortened three inches or five inches. (This applies only to the standard dual-layer bull hide and horse hide belts. The "no-buckle" belts, taper belts, and exotic hide belts cannot be shortened.)

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    They called me when it was almost finished for my credit card number and I asked them then if I could change the size, they told me no. There is a $20 remake fee. If I can sell it, I can wait another 7 weeks for a new one. It's not worth $20 more dollars to me, for $25 more I can get another Rafter Black Shark and I like it better.
    I bought a black Rafter shark belt awhile ago and it leaked dye all over my pants and ruined them. I contacted Della and she said to send it back and they would replace it. That was over two months ago that I sent it back and I haven't received anything. They have my money and belt. My emails have not been returned and the one time I got her on the phone (about a month ago), she assured me I would be getting a belt ASAP and apologized. Well still nothing. I left a message again for her yesterday with a guy (didn't get a name) and she never called me back. The guy agreed and said that it's crazy that I didn't get my belt yet.

On the other hand, I called the Beltman a few weeks ago just for some new screws and I had them in three days, no charge. Customer service goes a long way. YMMV. Outside of the leaking dye, I felt the Rafter belt was very well made though. My elephant Beltman is still my favorite though. I've bought an elephant and shark belt from the Beltman and just the one shark belt from Rafter's.

Sorry to hijack your thread but you may want to reconsider dealing with Rafter's.

Distinguished Member
    Better pictures of the belt I hope.
    Attached Images

Trade?

I have a Black Bullhide 35" 1.5" Beltman that is brand new. I have been hoping that some day I would fit into it but I have come to realize that it is never going to happen. If 35 will work for you I can get you some pics.
    Thanks, Mike

Distinguished Member
    That is to small and I want 1 1/4" for dress pants, but thanks for the offer. Maybe you can sell it here.

I may put it up eventually, It gives me a little motivation knowing it is in the safe
    Thanks and Good luck with your sale,
    Mike

Distinguished Member
    Still have it.

Distinguished Member
    Sold.