WTB - 2k Small pistol primers - $60 + Shipping & Haz Mat

This is a discussion on WTB - 2k Small pistol primers - $60 + Shipping & Haz Mat within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I did not get in on the frenzy stockpiling components. Bullet prices have come down, powder prices have come down, availability is up, but there ...

Thread: WTB - 2k Small pistol primers - $60 + Shipping & Haz Mat

I did not get in on the frenzy stockpiling components. Bullet prices have come down, powder prices have come down, availability is up, but there is not a primer to be found.

I have 300 left which means that I am either going to have to buy straight ammo, or my IDPA and practice shooting comes to an end in about 4 months.

I am hoping that one of my fellow members will part with a couple thousand so I can keep going until retail supplies return. 2k should last me a little over a year.

Would prefer someone within 200 miles of Denver and I will come and get them & buy you lunch.

PM me and I will keep your identity a secret.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

last i bought small primers they were $35 per 1000. hope you find some though! good luck

All the online retailers that I checked are $23 - $30 (18 different sites) but not one of them has any in stock, nor anticipate filling new orders for a long time (powder valley has 50 million on backorder and will not accept new orders, another does not anticipate getting any in until November). Local retail stores are the same on pricing and I am not there when the truck arrives and the mob rush cleans them out before they even make it to the shelves (if they even get any).
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

wish they were that cheap out here. just thought I'd let you know. pricing is different everywhere but thats what they were running a couple months ago @ the gun show. the last time we bought @ a gun shop they were $30 for the large primers if i remember right. the gun show charged $35 for small or large.

Thanks for the heads up. I may consider an increase in purchase price, not found of being gouged though. I remember dozens of members stating that they picked up 20-50k late last year. Prices were still $17 - $23 per thou.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

If I lived closer and I wasn't in the same boat as you I'd be glad to let you have a few thousand since I only use one or 2 hundred rounds a month for SD practice. I have primers on backorder for over 2 months and still no word as to when the orders will be filled.

If I have to I will start using small pistol magnum primers (I have about a thousand) and just reduce my charges by about 5%.
    bosco

I ordered 6,000 from Cabela.com last week at $29.99 / thousand plus haz mat ($20) shipping ($5), and tax ($17). The real price landed at my doorstep was $37/thousand.
    They estimated 3 to 4 weeks, but I am planning on 3 to 4 months. But they were taking orders.

Two months ago I bought a couple thousand from my local gunshop for $35 per thousand plus the outrageous WA state tax of almost 10%. So Cabela's was competitive to my last experience.
    Last edited by dougja; June 23rd, 2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: more info

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I got a case of WLP primers 2 months ago and they were running 175. case.

They had a pallet that was gone in a blink of an eye. I have seen ( insert profanity here) selling primers for a 1.00 a piece. 100. bucks a tray. May they rot in gun hell!!!!

Come on... nobody... really?
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Sticks...........are you still looking for primers? I may have the 2K you are looking for so you may stay with your IDPA comps. I DID get in on the pre-election rush thank God.