Thinking about trading my pistol for a shotgun (CO)

This is a discussion on Thinking about trading my pistol for a shotgun (CO) within the Member Buy, Sell & Trade forums, part of the Marketplace category; I've got a Taurus PT140 that I'm considering trading for a shotgun. I already have a 12 ga, but was thinking about another one, potentially ...

Thread: Thinking about trading my pistol for a shotgun (CO)

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

Thinking about trading my pistol for a shotgun (CO)

I've got a Taurus PT140 that I'm considering trading for a shotgun. I already have a 12 ga, but was thinking about another one, potentially one my wife and I could share. My mossberg 500 seems a bit too big for her. The Taurus would come with 2 mags, the original case and paperwork as well as 150 rds FMJ (WWB and Federal American Eagle) and 40 rds Winchester PDX FMJ carry ammo. It's only had about 300 down the pipe with no hiccups. I did have an issue with the slide not wanting to come off for cleaning a couple of times, but that seems to have disappeared. My holster got left in MI when I moved to CO at the beginning of June.

I'm looking for a shotgun that my wife and I could both shoot, like I said, what I have seems a bit big for her. I'm not particular about what gauge it is, but I would like it to have wood furniture and be in good condition. I'd like the barrel to be between 22" and 26" if possible, but that's not firm.

I would also like to do this FTF and would be willing to drive down to the Springs or up to Ft Collins if the deal gets serious.

Let me know if you're in the market to rid yourself of a shotgun and pick up an inexpensive but reliable pistol.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    FTF? sorry I'm dense..

Have you tried any dealers? (Maybe that's what you meant by FTF...) Rocky Mountian Shooter Supply up here in Ft. Collins takes in trades and consignments. Always treated me real well and the owner taught my wifes handgun safety course. They have an indoor range. Worth checking out when you are up this direction.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

sorry, I meant face to face...meaning I didn't want to ship anything
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

probably made sense to everyone but me :)

See, being new to the area, you best make it up to Cheyenne Frontier Days going on this week and coming weekend. On your way to/from, you can stop in Ft. Collins and see Rocky Mountian Shooter.

Rocky Mountain Shooters Supply - Colorado's Largest Selection of Liberty Gun Safes. home and office security products
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

ha! we actually went to CFD last weekend. it was an interesting event.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    ha! we actually went to CFD last weekend. it was an interesting event.
    Some horsey riding friends of mine came down from WI this week and we'll all be up there on Saturday. I wouldn't mind taking in a concert up there sometime.

Sorry I don't have a (extra) shotty to offer ya. Hope that's not your EDC you're getting rid of!

Who is John Galt?

You might do better selling the pistol and buying a shotgun,or check out local pawnshops for trades
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .