I finally joined NRA

I finally joined NRA

This is a discussion on I finally joined NRA within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After much personal debate with myself I finally signed up for a one year membership. I figured it can't hurt to give it a try....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I finally joined NRA

Smile I finally joined NRA

After much personal debate with myself I finally signed up for a one year membership. I figured it can't hurt to give it a try.

Been a life member for a long time. Thanks for joining. It will be a long, hard battle and your membership will help.

VIP Member
    I have been a member (renewing every five) for 20 some years or more.
    The NRA is around 4 million members.
    can you imagine how this country would be if it were 30 or 40 million strong?
    You will not agree 100% with what they do, but they are the best bet in the long run for safeguarding our RTKABArms.No one comes close.

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."
    Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

“What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

Harry S Truman:
    Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

AND last BUT not LEAST,
    from my favorite President:

“When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, it’s always the patriots who first hear the call. When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now the siren sounds first in the hearts of freedom’s vanguard.” -Charlton Heston
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Smart move...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I have been a member (renewing every five) for 20 some years or more.
    The NRA is around 4 million members.
    can you imagine how this country would be if it were 30 or 40 million strong?
    Actually I'm kindda glad it's small. Better cohesion.....the organization may not be as powerful if it where bigger.

What is Group Cohesion?

Sorry I'm a REALLY big nerd

I signed up for the free military membership.....I think I will renew......

Thanks for joining!!!

Thanks for joining, they try to sell you stuff but all you gotta do is say no. They are one of our best chances for retaining our constitutional rights.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I finally decided to sign up too. The way I see it, there isn't much that we can actually do to fight back and protect our freedoms, but this is one small step.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    I'm a faithful member, but man I'd like to see some better executive management from them.

The marketing is pure harassment at worst and at least an atrocious waste of valuable funds (thru excessive, poorly-directed and expensive mailings) at best.

I remind myself that these issues are inherent to a non-profit orgs, and this is still the best representation that we have. However, I'd love to see a real business person come in and take over.
    Tzadik likes this.

Good move! I renew every few years, never seem to be able to go Life.

I have an annoyingly large number of friends who shoot, carry, reload, etc. yet are too "Libertarian" - for lack of a better term - to join. Most distressing.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Glad you joined! You are certainly going to be glad you did!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I, like the OP, signed up for a year membership after much internal debate. I just got my membership card (along with a pound of other crap, LOL) in the mail today. I don't agree with everything they stand for but I understand the importance of maintaining my rights, and that they are probably the most effective lobbying organization for those rights.

Good job to all who have signed up lately.... like it or not, they are the big dog fighting for you gun rights. Without the NRA, this forum probably wouldn't exist.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksabre View Post
    Good move! I renew every few years, never seem to be able to go Life.

I have an annoyingly large number of friends who shoot, carry, reload, etc. yet are too "Libertarian" - for lack of a better term - to join. Most distressing.
    Well I tend to have more liberal views myself because my mother was extremely liberal. She also hated guns. I am also an atheist but the NRA is not trying to work against me, they are working for me. I had to stick aside some of my personal feelings for the greater good that they are protecting my right to own and legally carry a firearm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm a faithful member, but man I'd like to see some better executive management from them.
    The marketing is pure harassment at worst and at least an atrocious waste of valuable funds (thru excessive, poorly-directed and expensive mailings) at best.

I remind myself that these issues are inherent to a non-profit orgs, and this is still the best representation that we have. However, I'd love to see a real business person come in and take over.
    ^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^in bold^^^^^^^^^^

I would tend to agree with you!!!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links