Anyone from Delaware?? Hello??

This is a discussion on Anyone from Delaware?? Hello?? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hello. I am new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone else was from Delaware, or even close to it. I usually shoot ...

Hello. I am new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone else was from Delaware, or even close to it.

I usually shoot at Ommelanden just south of New Castle. It's a State-run range, but it's pretty decent, and they offer a lot of different shooting "options."

I've also been up to TargetMaster, just over the DE/PA border on 202.

I have travelled to get to a meet before, so that's not a big deal for me.

Hope to hear from someone who's close to my area. Maybe we could meet, chat, go shooting, and then have some grub and drinks. Sound like a fun day?
    Dave

I'm from close to delaware (west chester). Close enough that I do my tax free shopping there. Go to TargetMaster every now and again too.

Do you carry in DE? Any experience with open carry there?

Welcome.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Ah, West Chester. That's pretty close. Just up 202 over the border a little ways from me. I've been to TargetMaster a few times myself. Bought 2 of my 3 handguns there actually.

Yeah, I do like the tax-free thing. When I visit PA and buy something, i'm like "what? Why's it more than the price tag? Oh, tax. right.

I don't carry here yet. I do plan on getting my permit though, soon, before the wrong people get into office.

Open carry? Here? Bwwwahahahahahaaaaa!!! No way. Delaware seems a bit "slow" when it comes to guns. Heck, we have to advertise our concealed carry permit application in the freakin' newspaper as the first step to getting one in the first place. How's that for stupid?

Hope to meet you someday, and go shooting. It's nice to hear from someone close by.

Thanks for the post!
    Dave

VIP Member
    Hi Dave....I'm not originally from DE, but I was stationed at Dover AFB...and one of my children was born there.

How is DE these days?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

RLS
    Delaware, the only state East of the Mason Dixon Line.

I am one of the half dozen Delaware natives.

Delaware has a bill pending in the House to make it a "shall issue" state, but there has been so many poison pill amendments added that passage is in doubt.

RLS

Quote Originally Posted by RLS
    Delaware, the only state East of the Mason Dixon Line.

I am one of the half dozen Delaware natives.

Delaware has a bill pending in the House to make it a "shall issue" state, but there has been so many poison pill amendments added that passage is in doubt.

RLS
    Glad to see another Delawarean here!

Delaware is also the only State that uses an actual semi-circlular boundary in the USA. No other state has a boundary (or part of a boundary) that is actually generated from a true radius. Yeah, I know: why do I know such meaningless things? Well, I had to research that boundary's history for work today, and find maps and laws about it. Quite interesting how much argument there actually was about some State boundaries. Actually, DE and NJ have argued their boundary just THIS year! And it has to do with that radial boundary. Anyway... I digress......

That bill has so much opposition, it isn't funny. Basically everyone says "the policy ain't broke - so why try to fix it?" Well, from my point-of-view, it's REALLY broken. I want to legally arm myself to protect me and my family. And I have to advertise that fact to the public? And I can be denied becasue a judge had a bad lunch that day? Geez, gimme a break. I've witnessed shootings (one right outside my window), and have read enough police reports to almost be afraid to go out WITHOUT a firearm. Why must the State be so difficult and against citizens arming themselves legally?

If I lived just over the border, I could easily get a permit to carry. Other states allow open carry (technically most do, but would never really allow it in this day and age). But Delaware? Ugh!!
    Dave

Links