New Arkansas Indoor Range - Conway

This is a discussion on New Arkansas Indoor Range - Conway within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't know if anyone else is aware, but the Shoothouse USA indoor gun range has opened in Conway. It's located at 332 Hwy 64 East, ...

Thread: New Arkansas Indoor Range - Conway

New Arkansas Indoor Range - Conway

Don't know if anyone else is aware, but the Shoothouse USA indoor gun range has opened in Conway. It's located at 332 Hwy 64 East, (3 Miles outside of Conway towards Vilonia, near Payton Creek Catfish). They're open Wed. thru Sat. 11 til 8, and Sundays Noon til 6. They're doing charter memberships, to include single or family, as well as LEO/Military and Retired LEO/Mil. Nice, new, clean facility with a friendly, knowledgeable husband and wife staff.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

2. Remove Ads

Good to see another range has opened for the folks of this great state of Arkansas! It can only be a good thing.
    We seldom get that far south.

Back home for visit - NWA

Any places I should be aware of that came into business or got better within the past year/ year and a half?

Thanks!
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

How come in Conway??? Aint that awful close to Mayflower.....

Send some lovin down my way, somebody please!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by BrunetteMP View Post
    Back home for visit - NWA

Any places I should be aware of that came into business or got better within the past year/ year and a half?

Thanks!
    Kind of slow here actually. Ozark Sportsman in Tontitown has an indoor range now, and competition nights as well. Other than that. Hobbs WMA public range has improved quite a bit. NWA and serious shooting almost demands going south unless you have ten acres of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    How come in Conway??? Aint that awful close to Mayflower.....

There's always CASA that's in N.L.R. area. You'll likely need to be a member, but a lot of our club from Ft Smith go down there once a month for USPSA matches. Not sure where it is exactly...never been. I've been to Benton several times in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    There's always CASA that's in N.L.R. area. You'll likely need to be a member, but a lot of our club from Ft Smith go down there once a month for USPSA matches. Not sure where it is exactly...never been. I've been to Benton several times in the past few years.
    I'd rather drive to Mayflower than NLR....just thinking about LR traffic gives me a headache. Plus, I just have to pay like $5 to shoot whenever I want to, no membership.

There *IS* a Benton Gun Club, they say it's really nice but I've not been there. You have to be a NRA member (and I'm not, yet anyway) plus a pretty big membership fee on top of that. I'm sure it's worth it......but I need a bunch of other things faaaaar worse right now than an uber range membership. Such is life.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Senior Moderator
    Its a small world. At this moment I am smithing some Saiga 12 shotguns for a gun shop in Atkins. The owner there was asked to open a gun-shop there at Shoothouse USA and even possibly rent some guns. He started to do it and then decided that he was doing too much business to be in two places at once. We talked about this particular range today. He said that it has 10 shooting stalls and is a nice facility.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I am excited about this range! When I heard about it, my wife and I went down there to check it out. We were impressed with the facility, it is a little rough around the edges, but it being a new range, it has tons of potential (and it is definitely going in the right direction) We are charter members and have attended defensive handgun training given by Tom DuPriest. I recommend stopping by and shooting there.
    Last edited by DwnRangeKing; September 11th, 2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    How come in Conway???
    'Cause there's already an indoor range in Little Rock. Tom said they did a business model study and Conway was the right place to do this.
    Aint that awful close to Mayflower.....
    Yes, but at Mayflower they've got some... weird... rules. Most of those rules are pretty inconvenient and seem more than a little infantile. Those that I take issue with are, from memory:

1) No loaded firearms, magazines or stripper clips. I can see no to loaded firearms to some degree, but no magazines or clips for your rifles?!? From what I've been told, the RSO's there will give you a hard time and possibly BAN you and/or fine you if you bring loaded mag's/clips.
    2) No silhoutte targets. Huh...?

It's really not that far or long of a drive, even from Benton. Take I-30 to I-430, then I-40 West. The exit in Conway is only about five miles West of the Mayflower exit. You don't have a lot of traffic to have to deal with, really. All interstate stuff except for about a three miles stretch of the road in Conway.

Also, once you join up as a member, you factor in your up-front costs. As an example, I bought a Military Charter Membership for $100 and Tom charges $10 all day range fee's if you're Mil/LEO and you pay individually. I've made 7 visits in 8 weeks, so have nearly "paid off" my membership already. Pretty soon, my only costs will be targets ($.50 each) and gas.

As much as I like Don's Shooters Gallery, it's sometimes way busy, the air purification systems aren't the greatest, I've had lane lights got out on me while shooting and its not in the greatest neighborhood. Shoothouse is only about 5 miles further from my house than Don's, I've yet to see a wait, air purification is great and lighting is more even than at Don's. Shoothouse is sort of "out in the middle of nowhere" on the side of the road.

Plus, it's $12.50 for Military at Don's and they don't do memberships there. I spent prolly $250 in three months at Don's which likely only covered a dozen or so visits. So far, less than $135 at Shoothouse , which covers my charter membership, maybe two dozen targets, couple of soda's from his vending machine and a box of .40S&W (thought I'd brought enough one day and was short a box).

Again, not meaning to knock Don's at all. I like Terry and the fella's just fine. I was just more comfortable overall at Shoothouse my first time than all the times I shot at Don's.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Links