NE Ohio Rifle Ranges

This is a discussion on NE Ohio Rifle Ranges within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone know of any rifle ranges around Cleveland? I would prefer the westside if possible. I only know of stonewall. I would like an ...

Thread: NE Ohio Rifle Ranges

NE Ohio Rifle Ranges

Does anyone know of any rifle ranges around Cleveland? I would prefer the westside if possible. I only know of stonewall.

I would like an outdoor place that allows FMJ, but cant seem to find anywhere.

2. Remove Ads

I've never been, but from what I hear the Grand river Range would work. It is in a state park where it only costs $25/season to shoot.

what he said, its a ODNR range, info on the ODNR page

also my gun clun, 50 a year..

http://sites.google.com/site/wadsworthchapter/

map and pics on site

Grand River is a good range. Cheap and like they said, run by the ODNR. It's on Rt. 88 a few miles east of Rt. 534 in northern trumbull county.

Grand River is a nice range, but is on the FAR eastside of Cleveland. There actually are a lot of ranges around Cleveland, but they are all private, part of gun clubs. That is the bad news. The good news is that most are very reasonably priced. Some have times when they are open to the public, but again that is often when they are hosting a shooting event. Meaning not open to free fire by members of the public.

What you might want to do is contact the Ohio Rifle & Pistol Association and get a listing of the associated gunclubs. Also, search the NRA website and find the clubs and ranges listed with them.

On the wast side of Cleveland, there are two south of Cleveland, one in Medina and one in Ashland known as the Ashland Lake Gun Club. The one in Medina hosts military rifle shoots on Sundays during the summer. There are several nice clubs on the east side of Cleveland, but they are at least an hour's drive.

Very few of the clubs have their own indoor facility. On the west side there is the North Olmsted Gun Club, but they allow only handgun indoor and shotgun out. And they are primarily a competitive club. On the nearer east side there is a public range called Sherwin's on Vine Street and a little farther east, in Painesville, there is Atwell's which is a police supply house but they have an indoor range open to the public, IIRC.

Farther east yet, there are two gun clubs, Ashtabula Rod & Gun Club (east of Geneva in Saybrook) and Crooked Creek Conservation Club in Hartsgrove, that have good websites and run some very good programs. Both have pretty affordable dues structures. All of their shooting is outdoors.

Again, I would contact ORPA and NRA to see what they can tell you.

Links