It looks like I'm moving to Seattle

This is a discussion on It looks like I'm moving to Seattle within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I signed the offer letter Monday and am now in background. I'm not sure when, but the move should occur this month. Someone on another ...

Thread: It looks like I'm moving to Seattle

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar

It looks like I'm moving to Seattle

I signed the offer letter Monday and am now in background. I'm not sure when, but the move should occur this month. Someone on another forum said Washington has a 6-month residency requirement before I can get my permit. Bummer. I'll be working in Kirkland and am looking at apartments in Kirkland, Bothell and Issaquah. I'm looking forward to the move, but not the rain....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, one "ray of sunshine" for you is that the person on the other forum was wrong. The way I read it on handgunlaw.us, as soon as you get a Washington drivers license you're good to go.

http://handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

Living in Victoria, we get Seattle like weather and we're the ones that spread the rumours about the rain to try to keep more people from moving here and driving our real estate prices even higher.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

LMAO!!!! Thanks for the positive news! It looks like I need to prove I've lived in the area for at least 90 days if I can't produce a valid Washington D.L. We'll probably get our licenses soon after moving and then go in-person to apply. I don't like going unarmed any more than I have to. Once established, I'll help you spread the word about the rain!
    Last edited by sniper58; March 30th, 2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: add
    Tim
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    This is also another argument for having more than one permit. You're not the first person to lose the ability to carry because of a move. Consider picking up a Utah non res permit in the near future.

BTW, I don't think you could pay me to live in NM. I love the state except my mother in law lives there and I don't have a silver bullet!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Good luck in your new digs!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    This is also another argument for having more than one permit. You're not the first person to lose the ability to carry because of a move. Consider picking up a Utah non res permit in the near future.

BTW, I don't think you could pay me to live in NM. I love the state except my mother in law lives there and I don't have a silver bullet!
    Yep - I need to get a Utah permit (need to re-establish cash flow first). NM is a corrupt state with ZERO emphasis on drunk driving laws. It's fairly common to see the nightly news showing the carnage caused by someone with 3, 5 as many as 17 prior DUI arrests (most had convictions)! Last Christmas, the local and State police set up road blocks (checkpoints). The locations were scientifically and statistically chosen and netted almost 30 arrests for DUI. The judge tossed all the cases because she didn't believe in using the database that was created by UNM and DOT. The database compiled crash, arrest and other records over a 5+ year time frame. Note the people weren't less drunk because of the database. No emphasis (outside of lip service) is put on education either (40%+ high school drop out rate). Yep - It's time for me to move on....
    Tim
    ________
    NRA Life Member

The liberals will be welcoming you to Seattle...until they find out you carry a gun.
    Congrats on the job offer. There's lots of worse places to live for gun owners...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The liberals will be welcoming you to Seattle...until they find out you carry a gun.
    Congrats on the job offer. There's lots of worse places to live for gun owners...enjoy!
    They'll hate me even more when they find out my Kia Sportage only gets 20 mpg in town and is a V-6, 4x4!
    Tim
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Another ray of sunshine: The turnaround time on your CPL is pretty short. I got mine in 9 or 10 days. "Shall issue" rocks.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Too cool! That IS good news - thanks for that piece of info!
    Tim
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Links