Marylanders, a little help here

This is a discussion on Marylanders, a little help here within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last I read up on Maryland law it would be alright for a Resident of Maryland to transport his Pistol (in a case unloaded etc) ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riana

Thread: Marylanders, a little help here

Marylanders, a little help here

Last I read up on Maryland law it would be alright for a Resident of Maryland to transport his Pistol (in a case unloaded etc) within Maryland and from out of state back into Maryland as long as he was going to his residence, a gunsmith or a range?

And last I saw, when someone moves to Maryland from another state, any Pistol he might previously own does not require registration and such registration is voluntary. And since he already owns the pistol he does not require a permit to purchase either.

I realize I am oversimplifying for brevity but...

Can someone confirm these for me? Or refute them with specific passages?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I don't have time to find the actual laws right now but both your statements are essentially true.

If you are going to be moving to Maryland I'd suggest checking out Maryland Shooters since it is basically the State site, if you do a quick search there the links to the laws will probably pop up since this has been discussed almost to death. Most of Maryland's "silly" laws don't kick in till you live here.

You probably won't have a chance at a CC permit, and there are a couple of "tricks" (legal) to be able to move your guns around inside the state, and bypass the States 1 gun per month law (become a collector, different from a Federal C&R).
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I am 99% sure you are correct on both counts.

Or you could just move to Virginia...
    Old School likes this.

you are correct on both and thats just how i do it

Links