Moving to North West Ohio

This is a discussion on Moving to North West Ohio within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will be moving to North West Ohio in a couple weeks and I am looking for a place to shoot. I was hoping to ...

Thread: Moving to North West Ohio

Moving to North West Ohio

I will be moving to North West Ohio in a couple weeks and I am looking for a place to shoot. I was hoping to get reviews on ranges and local gun shops in Wood County. My better half and I are moving there so she can take advantage of a great opportunity with a Masters degree program and I am going be missing my parents farm/ my personal outdoor range. I am hoping for public ranges as I do not have the money to join a private range. Indoor or outdoor is ok. Really I just need a place to keep my skills up.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

2. Remove Ads

Shooting Ranges Throughout Ohio

There is probably an ODNR range somewhere up in that area, last I checked it was $5 for an all day pass, to $25 for a year pass. You only need a pass at the manned ranges, some of them are just cut into hillsides, with no supervision, and free. Additionally, like at Spring Valley and Delaware (the two I use), you can shoot on the shotgun range without a permit, the permit is only needed for rifles and pistols.

Camp Perry is up that way, not sure how often, if ever it is open to the public.

If you make it down to Columbus much, Vances has some of the best prices in the state as far as guns and gear: www.vanceoutdoors.com Their prices are usually good enough that even adding in a round trip drive from around Cincinnati, I save money.

If I think of more I will put it up here, but I really know more about Central and SW Ohio.

EDIT: After further research, it appears that there aren't any state ranges within about 45 minutes of BGSU, the vast majority of the rifle/pistol ranges are in the Southern half of the state. The Delaware one might be the closest, but it is probably a little over an hour drive. It's a nice range though, I still frequent it often with friends who live in Columbus.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links