Morgantown WV

Morgantown WV

This is a discussion on Morgantown WV within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I may very well be down there towards the beginning of August. Any ranges or anything of note down there? Would like to shoot or ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tubadude

Thread: Morgantown WV

Morgantown WV

I may very well be down there towards the beginning of August. Any ranges or anything of note down there? Would like to shoot or at least get some hiking in.

I posted on your other thread, but I will share again. Look up Marstillers Gun shop they have a range and a nice little shop. it is the most opular gun shop in the area. Most of the cops in the area buy there. Prices used to be decent last time I bought there about 6-8 years ago.

There is Cheat Lake and Cheat River about 10 min out on the edge of town off of I-68. There is great boating and whitewater rafting there. The biking and walking trails near the river are very popular in town. Not sure about wilderness hiking near the lake. In the actual town of Morgantown, WVU is stretched pretty much all over. There are several shopping centers near by.

LE is pretty decent to deal with as long as you are cool with them as any where else. If you come in the fall Saturdays are game day. There are two kinds of people, those going to the game and those in the way and fighting traffic. Pretty nice little town. Enjoy. If you have any other direct questions just PM me. I worked there for several years.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Marstillers is a good place. I haven't had an opportunity to use their range because it is limited to handguns and .22 rifles. The guys in there told me of a few outdoor ranges, but I don't remember where they were....

There are some good trails through WVUs arboretum that stretch along the Monongahela river.

Just watch out for students starting to move back in to town and catching up on missed party time...much to the chagrin of the townies and us quieter students.
    Last edited by tubadude; July 7th, 2011 at 04:09 AM.
    jwhite75 likes this.

Links