colorado ?'s (denver)

colorado ?'s (denver)

This is a discussion on colorado ?'s (denver) within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've had some problems as of late, and i'm not sure that is it's the usual. lately, i've looked into getting my CCW. I've gone ...

Thread: colorado ?'s (denver)

colorado ?'s (denver)

I've had some problems as of late, and i'm not sure that is it's the usual.

lately, i've looked into getting my CCW. I've gone to my local district, to get the info packet and application (as noted in the denver gov website) they didn't even have the info. told me i had to go allllll the way across town. (if you know denver, you know that's a pain)

If anyone has before or recently had to go through this process, could you please give me the proceedure that you went through? if it's not appropriate for the boards, pls im and/or email me. It would be greatly appreciated. i've read over the process on the gov websites, but from what i've read on denver, it may be intentionally vauge.

thank you.

loch
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL Denver is truely the pustule on the armpit of colorado . IMHO since they cannot ban ccw there , they can and do make it as difficult as possible . There are some members from the metro area on the board who i am shure will chime in as they see the post , Myself i stay out of the whole metro area unless i have no choice . Good luck on your quest tho .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    I live in Englewood, and got my permit through Arapahoe County. I can only imagine that Denver County will make the process as difficult as possible, since they don't like concealed carry in principle.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to jump through all the hoops they put in front of you if getting your permit is your goal. The plus side is, if you do go through all the B.S., you'll have the right to carry concealed in Denver...and from what I know about Denver, that is a worthy goal!

Good luck!
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I got mine in Jefferson county.exactly 90 days. (state law) And they made very sure to tell me that they can still revoke it(because the FBI info has not arrived).I got all my info on the Jeff.co web page. Im sure they are pretty close to the same as Denver(but could be wrong) If you take a concealled carry class they should have the info you desire.http://www.coloradoconcealedcarry.com/Requirements.aspx

here is the kicker. I'm "barely" in denver city/county. if i were ~250 yards in 3 directions. I would be arapahoe county. I've tried checking a few maps. it's got me there. i used to live solidly in arapahoe, but that was 1 year ago, and i know i HAVE to use my currect address. know any officiall map sites that may give me precendence?

thanks for the responses.

loch
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

VIP Member
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by precedence...you will have to apply to whichever county you physically live in. I don't know off hand which maps would tell you exactly where the county borders run, but there must be a way for you to determine what county you live in (voter registration, maybe?).

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

google earth, great program. unfortunately, it's showing me solidly in denver co. so i guess i'm stuck. guess i'm going to have to do denver's dog and pony show. first waypoint. way accross town. well, gotta do what ya gotta do.

loch

VIP Member
    Good Luck! The journey and effort will be worth it...

Colorado CCW

Go to Gunsmoke Gunsmithing @ 9690 W 44th Ave. in Wheat Ridge, CO 303-456-4545 ask for Rich Wyatt.

They have the applications for Colorado and better yet they have the Florida applications that will recprocate in 28 states.

Good Luck.

Scott, I agree since I carried in CO on my FL & NH permits before I got my ArapCo one. I got the CO one so the Denver PD couldn't give me any hassles about carrying on a non CO permit.

Denver will make you jump through tons of hoops including making you take a CO gun course; they won't accept an out of state course. They're also taking longer than the state limit of 90 days, but they can since they're "home rule" and can do whatever they want when its something they don't like.

I'm glad that I live in Arapahoe County, made the process so much easier.
    "Don't get stuck on stupid!" -Gen. Honore in NOLA

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

my brother lives in thorton.he recently got his premit & i don't remember him having anymore trouble then i had in michigan.his instructor had an emergency on the last day of class,so they didn't have to shoot.

Sponsored Links