11/11/11 Message to our Veterans

This is a discussion on 11/11/11 Message to our Veterans within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To our Veterans: Thank you…..thank you for your service and your sacrifice. May God bless our Veterans living and deceased. And may God bless the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 11/11/11 Message to our Veterans

Exclamation 11/11/11 Message to our Veterans

To our Veterans:

Thank you…..thank you for your service and your sacrifice.
    May God bless our Veterans living and deceased.
    And may God bless the families who have shared so much for our country.....
    shooterX, Shawn89 and WonderBra like this.

2. Remove Ads

Our Pleasure!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rockymonster View Post
    to our veterans:

Thank you…..thank you for your service and your sacrifice.
    May god bless our veterans living and deceased.
    And may god bless the families who have shared so much for our country.....
    + 1

OS
    oneshot likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Amen To That!

All Gave Some........
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Our Pleasure!
    Given the opportunity most of us would do it again......it's just the kind of people we are. I humbly accept the "Thank You".
    Bullet1234 likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Agreed.

I still remember the female soldier standing in line in a store I was at (out of state), and hanging her head, etc. as people were staring at her and down on her a bit. One woman was making derogatory comments. I couldn't help it, I started a conversation with her about what her MOS was, where , what, etc. and telling her that we were all proud of people like her who serve, and I told her "hold your head high and ignore those who don't understand". I intentionally made my comments a bit louder, so a certain few heard it. Some others began piping in and telling her the same things and thanking her for her service. By the time she left, she walking much taller & deliberately, head up, proud and with a smile.

We give our thanks to all that serve or who have served, and are proud of them all. Thanks !!! Keep your heads high, and remember all of those who are no longer with us.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    You're very welcome. And to all those who served before me: thank you for helping to provide the freedom *I* knew while growing up.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    It was an honor and privilege to have served and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    Bullet1234 and Rockymonster like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thank you, we didn't get much thanks when we came home.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The honor was mine, and thanks to those who served before-During- and after me
    MIA/POW , Bring em home or Send us back

I think I can safely speak for most all of us veterans by sincerely thanking everyone in return for the simple acknowledgement and appreciation of our contribution (whether large or small) in helping to gain and preserve the freedoms that many take for granted - much less grasping the price in blood that has been paid on the account.

However, many of us have a much greater depth of gratitude (mixed with a strong sense of guilt) to those who came home in a box or never came home at all because a number of us are only here today to humbly accept your heart-warming appreciation by the ultimate price they paid to protect and defend us as well. I'm fully convinced that God allowed some of us to come back alive only to praise the actions and unbelievable bravery of the true heros who can no longer speak for themselves.

To my fallen comrades at arms both past and future, I humbly salute you as the true heros, and owe many of you my life itself. Repaying you is impossible, but I will continue "paying it forward" to those who still serve until I join your ranks again someday.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    ^ Eagle, I wish I could "like" that twice.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I think Eaglebreak summed it up for me also.

One thing I occassionally do for our current military personnel is when the wife and I go out to dinner once in a great while i will scope out someone there that is in uniform. We usually pick up the tab for them on our way out the door with instructions to the wait staff to just tell them "Thank you for serving"

This happened to me once when I was active duty and I try to return the favor when I can.
    Bullet1234 and Rockymonster like this.

Eaglebeak.....those words are as eloquent as I've ever read. I only wish more folks could read that, for I found it truly humbling.

And to the other Vets that reiterated their dedication that they would do it all over again...you are true patriots, and I believe your lost "brothers" are proud of you.

I for one, not having served, appreciate what you and others have done. And reading your words makes me appreciate it even more. We don't do enough to thank our Veterans, and I feel fortunate to be able to give thanks to at least some of you via this forum.
    RMS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Thank you, we didn't get much thanks when we came home.
    And that is shameful.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links