SCCC's / VCDL's protest at VCU in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st

This is a discussion on SCCC's / VCDL's protest at VCU in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From a VA-ALERT. [Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL] Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome to join us. [First person singular pronouns (I, ...

Thread: SCCC's / VCDL's protest at VCU in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st

VIP Member

SCCC's / VCDL's protest at VCU in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st

From a VA-ALERT.

[Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL]

Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome to join us.

[First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

VCU protest in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st! and Another VCU Robbery

Mark your calendars - Operation Campus Safety will come to the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st!

The protest will run from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM at the VCU Commons Plaza.

VCU Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is sponsoring VCDL for this event. Thanks to John Allen, who is SCCC's President, for making the arrangement, including lining up the PA system.

More details will be forthcoming as the date draws nearer.

------

As if to yet again underscore what Operation Campus Safety is all about, here is yet another robbery of students near VCU:

From the Richmond Times-Dispatch: 2 students robbed at gunpoint near VCU campus | Richmond Times-Dispatch

2 students robbed at gunpoint near VCU campus
    By: Times-Dispatch Staff
    Published: November 18, 2011

Two students escaped injury when they were robbed at gunpoint near Virginia Commonwealth University's main academic campus in downtown Richmond this morning.

Richmond police said the students, one from VCU and one from J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, were robbed at 2:45 a.m. while they walked in the 400 block of Gilmer Street, between Clay and Marshall streets and less than two blocks north of VCU's Monroe Park campus.

VCU police said the students were confronted by two males, one of whom was armed with a handgun, while two other males stood nearby as lookouts. After the robbery, the four fled in opposite directions on Clay Street.

All four suspects were said to be young black males. One of the robbers was described as about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, wearing a gray top with a blue bandana in his pocket and displaying a black revolver. The other was described as about 6 feet tall and wearing all black clothing.

Detailed descriptions of the two lookouts were not provided.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
    dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
    Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

FYI -- VCDL does not take a position on Open vs. Concealed carry -- or even care if you attend our events w/o carrying. Your call.

However, safety mishaps, particularly with firearms, expose the organization to liability issues and could significantly damage VCDL.s credibility as a gun rights organization. At all events, the rules and requirements of the sponsor/promoter shall be strictly observed.

Therefore, whenever the sponsor/promoter permits loaded firearms, and at all VCDL-sponsored meetings, events, or gatherings, at non-range sites, loaded firearms shall NOT be handled; they will remain holstered or otherwise secured at all times.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Exclamation More details -- VCDL Operation Campus Safety protest at VCU in Richmond

From a VA-ALERT.

[Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL]

Anyone who supports the RKBAs is welcome.

[First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

VCU Protest Information

The VCDL Operation Campus Safety protest at VCU in Richmond is THIS Thursday, December 1st!

The events will be held at the VCU Commons Plaza from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM

The VCU Commons is on the Monroe Park Campus at 907 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA 23284. The event will be held in the courtyard on the Southwest side of the building, right in front of the Ram's Horns statue.

We have speakers scheduled to address the attendees starting at 12 noon.

Thanks to Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at VCU and the group's President, John Allen, for sponsoring the event and making the arrangements for the Commons Plaza and for the sound equipment.

I made a courtesy call and spoke with the VCU Chief of Police, John A. Venuti. He was pleasant and professional and I told him about our organization and we exchanged cell phone numbers for use during the event. He is also coordinating with the Richmond Police Department.

IMPORTANT NOTES

VCU has a regulation in place banning carry in their buildings. Consequently if you decide to carry at the event, you can open carry without a CHP or conceal carry with a CHP, but NO ONE WHO IS ARMED CAN ENTER ANY OF THEIR BUILDINGS. So, if you need to get food or use the restroom, you will have to do so either before or after the event, or walk to a business off-campus.

The antis WILL be there. Their latest tactic is to get our side in an animated debate with some of their members and to record and then edit the video to suit their objectives. They are getting more and more desperate to stop VCDL's forward movement, so they are trying to find things to discredit us. My suggestion to those attending is to not get suckered into their propaganda efforts and to just ignore them. You are not going to convince them you are right and they are not going to convince you that they are right. Our job is to talk to students, faculty, and staff and give them the VCDL "No guns? No FUNDS!" brochures and stickers. Enough said.

PARKING

There is free 2-hour parking along Main St, as well as free parking along Cary St, but both are usually packed on school days. 801 W. Main St. is the nearest parking deck (diagonally across the street).

--

I'm looking forward to this event. The press should be there, too. If you can come to the protest, please do so! They are fun and achieve a very important goal that will dovetail with our legislative agenda.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
    dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
    Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links