New to Pasco County FL

This is a discussion on New to Pasco County FL within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just moved to Pasco County FL from the mountains of Virginia and would like to meet some other DC members in the surrounding area ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kmagnuss
  • 1 Post By GoBigOrange

Thread: New to Pasco County FL

New to Pasco County FL

I just moved to Pasco County FL from the mountains of Virginia and would like to meet some other DC members in the surrounding area to go shooting. I'm loving my new job, new house, and loving the area. I'm a 43 year old guy, married with 2 young kids, and I like guns, golf, and antique cars. I'd like to get hooked up with some shooting or hunting clubs, outdoor ranges, or just some folks to go to some local ranges with. Let me know if you're interested.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Lived in Pasco county many years ago, New Port Richey. Went back there a couple of years ago, my how the place has grown. I am sure you will find many with similar interests and be sure to check out the fishing while you’re at it. I don’t know if it is still there but Pappas restaurant in Tarpon Springs has some of the best Greek food around.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Hey Bug! Hope you like your new digs! Have to get a motorcycle, you can ride year round in FL.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congrats, you made it down here. Sounds like you are already enjoying the place.
    May FL treat you very well...I know the gun laws will.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to Fla, its freezing down here today!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

VIP Member
    Best of luck to you, BugDude!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Two of my favorite places to shoot are in Pasco County, one in Port Richey and a skeet and trap range out in Land O'Lakes.
    There's another range over by Dade City but I've never been to it. If you live over in that area though you'll find others that can guide you to some good places to pull the trigger. From Dade City to Lakeland isn't a bad drive and the Teneroc Range is very nice as well.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I'm not too far from the firingline range on ridge road. Haven't stopped by yet, but hope to check it out soon if I ever get my garage straightened out and get all of the boxes unpacked. I've got to find a good pawn shop with a good variety of gun inventory too. So many things to do when you move.

I'm already getting involved in the Volkswagen scene here. One of my Bugs is still in Roanoke, VA though. The moving company has had it 2 weeks and I just found out today where it is located. I'd be upset about it but I still have to get my garage cleaned out to make room for it. Hopefully I'll get all settled soon.

Cool

Welcome to the sunshine state.

I live on the other coast but if travel ever brings you to the east coast let me know.

I am a member of a very nice outdoor range in Martin County and I also like to play golf.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Welcome to FL.

A few people from floridashootersnetwork.com are planning an action shoot at WAC (wyoming antelope club)... I have no idea why it's called that. Anyway, it's up near you. It's on January 29th, a Sunday, at 10 am.

Best of luck in FL.
    BugDude likes this.

Welcome from Orlando. I've been here 1 1/2 yrs & loving it. Be bless & enjoy each step fulfilling your dreams.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Welcome to the sunshine state.

I live on the other coast but if travel ever brings you to the east coast let me know.

I am a member of a very nice outdoor range in Martin County and I also like to play golf.

OS
    I love to play golf!!! Just might give me an excuse to make a road trip.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Welcome from Orlando! I go to a nice outdoor range in Lakeland called Tenoroc!
    rolyat63 likes this.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I'm curious about the range mentioned in Dade City - that's not terribly far from me and I'm not familiar with it.

I've heard great things about Tenoroc - I really need to check it out. I'm always shy to try someplace new for some reason. I always go to the Shoot Straight range in Lakeland, (they're in Tampa also). The big draw for me is no range fees for women on Mondays :) but it's the only place I've been so that's where I'm comfortable.

A belated welcome to FL BugDude - I was born and raised up in VA. I've been down here about 16 years now but still consider VA my home.

I was born and raised in North Carolina, but both of my parents are from deep in the hills of Alleghany County VA and we visited extended family there often. I always loved going there when I was growing up. The mountains seem spiritual to me and I always felt a connection to them that I couldn't really explain. I loved every minute of the 14 years I lived in the mountains of Virginia (Pulaski County) and I hope to return there some day, even if it is when I retire. I will always consider the mountains of southwest Virginia home...even more than NC. I can't really explain why...I guess my soul just belongs there. I'll never get used to the flatness here. I like it, though. Went to the beach yesterday and played golf today. I gazed out across the ocean, but I just didn't get the same spiritual connection like I did gazing at the mountains. The water in the gulf is so different than the beaches in South Carolina where we always went. So warm and virtually no waves. Seems weird to me.

Someone told me once you have to get out of your comfort zone if you are going to grow as a person. Well, I've certainly done that. New and exciting adventures. Places to go, things to do. I think I can get along pretty good most anywhere.

Links