March 21: VCDL meeting in Annandale VA

This is a discussion on March 21: VCDL meeting in Annandale VA within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL] Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome guest. [First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, ...

Thread: March 21: VCDL meeting in Annandale VA

VIP Member

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL]

Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome guest.

[First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

The monthly membership meeting in Annandale will be held on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at the Mason Government Center.

The meeting will be called to order at 8 PM and run until 9:30 PM. Fellowship starts at 7:30 PM.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring friends, family, and co-workers.

Afterward we will adjourn to a local restaurant for continued fellowship.

Directions to the meeting can be found at: Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

----------

DaveH here:

1) Note that Annandale VA is in Fairfax Co.. Therefore if you do not have a CHP, there is a 20 rounds mag limit -- see: 18.2-287.4..

2) FYI -- In Virginia, it is legal to carry at a administrative local government building such as the Mason Government Center. -- Open or (with a recognized permit) Concealed.

VCDL does not take a position on Open vs. Concealed carry -- or even care if you attend our events w/o carrying. It's your call.

However, safety mishaps, particularly with firearms, expose the organization to liability issues and could significantly damage VCDL's credibility as a gun rights organization. At all events, the rules and requirements of the sponsor/promoter shall be strictly observed.

Therefore, whenever the owner/sponsor/promoter permits loaded firearms, and at all VCDL-sponsored meetings, events, or gatherings, loaded firearms shall NOT be handled at any non-range sites -- they will remain holstered or otherwise secured at all times.
    Last edited by DaveH; March 19th, 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Added citation on mag limit
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sponsored Links