July 14th -- “Oh, yes we can!” picnic at a Roanoke County, VA - Page 3

July 14th -- “Oh, yes we can!” picnic at a Roanoke County, VA

This is a discussion on July 14th -- “Oh, yes we can!” picnic at a Roanoke County, VA within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru What station was it on and did it air so we can see it in a search or you tube WSLS-TV ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: July 14th -- “Oh, yes we can!” picnic at a Roanoke County, VA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    What station was it on and did it air so we can see it in a search or you tube
    WSLS-TV 10 had the best coverage of the issue -- actually explaining the language, so that the views could judge for themselves.

There was a short clip post picnic on WDBJ 7 -- without the language @ Gun rights group is up in arms about Roanoke County law - WDBJ7
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Dan Casey's blog coverage:

http://tinyurl.com/6p5aagp

They were packing pistols at the VCDL picnic in Green Hill Park

More than 100 folks turned out for the Virginia Citizen’s Defense League picnic Saturday afternoon and evening in Green Hill park, including yours truly and Zach.

The intermittent downpour started almost as soon as folks gathered — fortunately they had arranged a shelter (although the volunteers who cooked got soaked in the rain).

There was no shortage of welcoming and friendly folks there, almost all of them carrying .45-caliber, .40-caliber and .357-caliber (and other sized) pistols.

SNIP
    Fair good coverage -- especially given his anti-RKBA mantra.

I particularly liked the part where he said, "What if the law banned black people from parks, “as expressly prohibited by law” but there was no law expressly prohibiting blacks? Do you think that would confuse people, and get some of them upset?"

IMHO, that is the point!
    Last edited by DaveH; July 15th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: removing the h=3. or 5, etc and fixed a typo
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links