Ex Limey's ;)

Ex Limey's ;)

This is a discussion on Ex Limey's ;) within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I realize that it is not only me that was from UK - and know we have two other folks here for sure - Gary ...

Thread: Ex Limey's ;)

Assistant Administrator

Ex Limey's ;)

I realize that it is not only me that was from UK - and know we have two other folks here for sure - Gary Slinger and, darn - forget the other right now.

Let's exchange a bit of info on the old place, even tho it has gone all to hell!! I haven't time to add much right now but - my shooting career got going shooting at Bisley early 60's and I last lived in SW (Devon) for 22 years prior to coming here in 2000.

If any interest from ex Brits - do post and I'll add more later.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Another one

Came over here permanenty in 2002.

Born in Leicester, but mosty around London or Portsmouth. Started shooting there. Shot at Bisley a few times. Those were some great times.

It sure has gone downhill. Now I realize that many of the stories we see are no more trustworthy or accurate than a lot of the stories we see in the media here. But the general underlying trend of pandering to the criminal is undeniable.

But hey, I still miss some things. Fish and chips, decent bread, pork pies (very food orientated me!). But nothing that would make me want to go back there when it is so messed up and getting worse.

Urgh. It just gets me riled up talking about it. Why can't the sheep see the light and vote back all their rights to defend themselves?

I came over when I was 4 years old. Born in Nuneaton, but my mother was from Leicester. Moved to Southsea as a very young child and lived with/ near my grandparents. My mother met, then married, an American stationed at Gosport. We moved to the US afterwards. Moved back to Europe when I was 11 years old and lived in Belgium, Scotland, and Holland. I haven't been back to GB since 1979. Luckily all of my memories are of a wonderful place to live.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I realize that it is not only me that was from UK - and know we have two other folks here for sure - Gary Slinger and, darn - forget the other right now.

Let's exchange a bit of info on the old place, even tho it has gone all to hell!! I haven't time to add much right now but - my shooting career got going shooting at Bisley early 60's and I last lived in SW (Devon) for 22 years prior to coming here in 2000.

If any interest from ex Brits - do post and I'll add more later.
    Mentioned right off the bat... One is honoured

Should you be interested... I'm from Rochdale, Lancashire (not "Greater Manchester", thankyouverymuch!), but my family has all moved away from there now. I spent '87-'90 just south of Seattle, and I've been over here permanently since '99 -- a year in Newport Beach, CA, and now over here in Tampa, FL.

Got the green card last September 1st. CCW application went in on December 2nd - 90 day minimum

I go back occasionally, as my folks are there, but they're pretty agreeable to coming to see me! (Florida... Funny how popular we get down here towards the end of the year, eh?). I don't plan on returning permanently, ever. I wasn't kidding when I said I tended to avoid news from over there - it's just too damn depressing.

Cheers!

Dia Dhuit,

We Irish are paying close attention, makin' a list and checkin' it twice.

Toirealach (Turlock)
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu View Post
    Dia Dhuit,

We Irish are paying close attention, makin' a list and checkin' it twice.

Toirealach (Turlock)
    Interestingly, that isn't the message that came through to my gmail account as a result of a thread subscribe. The above was version 2, I take it? (I'm not going to call you out on what you wrote unless you want to... :))

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for the posts guys.

I got my green card under way as soon as sluggish INS got to me - after much paperwork! Once I had that done then I was able to get my CCW early 2002 - it's soon up for renewal.

After two years with the card as ''conditional status'' - wife and I were interviewed - to check we were still married !!!! That enable unconditional green card status. Once the three years was up applied for naturalization - and Sept 28 2005 was sworn in as a proud American citizen

Long haul - some frustrations and altogether no small amount of money spent - but I was determined. At age 61 I had not got the feeling of a huge amount of time to spare

Born Northumberland as a ''war baby'' - but rapidly relocated when my folks settled in Surrey. Pretty much that area until 1978 when I moved to Devon. Travelled UK quite a bit and got to know it well in many areas.

Miss some scenery, and a few people - my daughter in particular but - no regrets as such - I was I think a latent American anyways!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Yes the above was version 2. I didn't care for being associated with the group I mentioned, (Opened mouth B4 brain) and I preferred to have Dia Dhuit (God be with you) as a salutation.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Yes the above was version 2. I didn't care for being associated with the group I mentioned, (Opened mouth B4 brain) and I preferred to have Dia Dhuit (God be with you) as a salutation.
    Good call
    Dia is muire dhuit

G.

He and She have !!!!!!!!!!!

He and She have !!!!!!!!!!!
    Did I misremember the response? I thought I wrote "I am well" ?

G.

No, I did. I for some reason I thought you had given the normal response to Dia Dhuit, which is Gu Murrah Dia Dhuit ( Spelling?),
    "God and his Mother be with You." Again providing ample evidence of my ignorance or perhaps just "Old Timers," disease.

No, I did. I for some reason I thought you had given the normal response to Dia Dhuit, which is Gu Murrah Dia Dhuit ( Spelling?),
    "God and his Mother be with You." Again providing ample evidence of my ignorance or perhaps just "Old Timers," disease.
    Heh. Ok then. So, let's bring this back on topic to being ex(former|current)Limey's..... Who else is around?!

Links