Looking for a mythical entity...

This is a discussion on Looking for a mythical entity... within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I recently moved to North Kitsap County Washington and have been on the look out for a shooting partner or partners. Female partners to be ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By wy1ble
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Looking for a mythical entity...

Looking for a mythical entity...

I recently moved to North Kitsap County Washington and have been on the look out for a shooting partner or partners. Female partners to be specific. I am a stay at home mom with 3 little kids and a husband who likes to go to the range, but not as much as I.
    Would any of you guys know of any Women in the area that go shooting? Or maybe you have a closet firearms enthusiast wife, daughter, mom, or sister?

2. Remove Ads

You might want to check and see if there are any female instructors in your area, they would be tuned in to what you are looking for.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have been searching the area with no luck yet. However, there is a USPSA match on Saturday, maybe I can make some contacts.
    He who can't protect Himself or his family through non violent means should do so through violence. He who can not do either is a burden. He lives in helplessness and will crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully. - Paraphrased from Gandhi

About all I can think of ...

Kathy Jackson, who is DC user = Pax and the author of the Cornered Cat web site and articles, lives in the region. It might be worth dropping her a PM to inquire about the ladies' shooting community up there.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by wy1ble View Post
    I have been searching the area with no luck yet. However, there is a USPSA match on Saturday, maybe I can make some contacts.
    Throw down a pile of brass on the ground with a noose around it and wait,you may have to catch and release a few guys but be patient and you eventually may catch what your after
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links