St Louis area members "Meet n shoot" (gauging interest)

This is a discussion on St Louis area members "Meet n shoot" (gauging interest) within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Scheduling will be the headache of putting this together. LOL The 3rd I work till 5pm & the 4th have my Son's Birthday party in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: St Louis area members "Meet n shoot" (gauging interest)

Re: St Louis area members "Meet n shoot" (gauging interest)

Scheduling will be the headache of putting this together. LOL

The 3rd I work till 5pm & the 4th have my Son's Birthday party in the afternoon.

2. Remove Ads

That weekend is ok for me. I am normally a "scattergun" guy, but can make do with handguns for this meet. Keep me posted and looking forward to the get together.

One thing to consider that may help or not, there is a Gun Show in St. Charles on Nov. 3-4. Regardless of that, I could come any time Saturday or on Sunday afternoon.

Another possible venue is Metro Shooting Supplies, centrally located in Bridgeton just off I-70 near the airport. Metro is a new gun shop and indoor shooting range with 13 lanes in two separate ranges (rooms). I have a membership there, but I don't know how they would handle a group like us. Perhaps they would let us take one of the ranges. I know they have a classroom so maybe they would let us bring food too. If there is interest, I will be happy to check with them.

I went to Jay Henges yesterday. As another poster stated... It was quite busy. I suspect it may be better to find an indoor range or somewhere where we could all have time to shoot around the same time.

Ransom, if you want to ask the range you go to about it... That would be fine with me. I will happily check with top gun and bullseye if people are interested in one of those places.

Laracroft10, I know you said you had a membership at top gun. Personally I like that range. Do you want to ask someone there or would you like me to? I know they have a classroom there also. Not sure if we'd be able to use it though. It's possible they could be using it for a class also.

As a side note... I'm thinking about going to shoot for a bit tomorrow. If anyone would like to join just let me know. I will probably go to Top Gun but am open to other places if anyone wants to go and prefers a different range.

I like that range, too, and maybe if most of us have memberships, we could use their "Members lounge" with the pool table and whatnot. If you're going to shoot tomorrow, I'll let you ask.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

Depending on the schedule, I'd like to jump in this also, possibly bring a friend!
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR22

LaraCroft10,
    I do not have a membership there. Heck... I didn't even know they had a pool table haha. But I will check tomorrow when I go.

Pkupman98,
    Of course! I will add your screen name to the list of those interested...

1.*STLRampage
    2. Wolf44
    3.*nokaoi
    4. *LaraCroft10
    5. *Pete362e
    6. *Ransom
    7. 357and40
    8. *Jonoxds
    9. *Rawah*
    10. Pkupmn98
    11. 424D57

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you guys know that I didn't make it to go shoot at Top Gun and ask about a "Meet and Greet" today . My legs and back are giving me a little more trouble than usual so Ive been resting for the most part. I did however send them an email. So we will see what they say. I will let you guys know what I hear.

Cool! I was going to go shoot there tonight, but then I got lazy.

I have a feeling they're going to tell us to rent the range. It would come out to about $30-35 a person, but for those of us that have a membership, that's $30-35 too expensive. =P But for two hours of range time, free eye/ear protection, free gun rental (all of the above actual retail price: $59), AND a staff member there exclusively for the group, that's pretty good.

Would you guys be willing to drop a little cash for the meet 'n' greet? Maybe if I sweet talk 'em, we can use the lounge, too. =D
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

Make it 10...
    P220 Carry Sig Sauer goodness. Say hello to my leeeetle friend.

Pick a weekend and if I am free, I am in.
    P220 Carry Sig Sauer goodness. Say hello to my leeeetle friend.

Depending on the date, I would be interested. I'm in Champaign so it's a pretty easy drive to St. Louis for me.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I am OK with going in on renting the range for a private session. If we do that, having access to the rental guns would be a +

Update on a possible meeting place: I've contacted Metro Shooting Supplies and they seem agreeable to hosting us. They have a classroom we can use if we want to bring food and socialize either before or after the range session. They have gun rentals. They have a 5-lane range and an 8-lane range available; both are 25 yards as I recall. The classroom is available after 5pm on Saturday or any weeknight. The manager I need to talk with to get more details is out this week. I'll be calling again on Monday to talk with him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links