chili bowl

chili bowl

This is a discussion on chili bowl within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope this is the right place for this question, I am going to the Chili Bowl in Tulsa next month, anyone that can tell ...

Thread: chili bowl

chili bowl

I hope this is the right place for this question, I am going to the Chili Bowl in Tulsa next month, anyone that can tell me what the rules are around concealed carry and the chili bowl??? I have a valid Kansas permit good in Oklahoma.
    Thank you in advance..

You need to know the laws of ANY state you visit. If I told you that you could take your gun to the game...would you do it without checking out the laws?
    Here's a place to start... Concealed Carry Resources, Maps and Forums - USA Carry

Hit Concealed Carry Resources at the top...the first to topics in that list will answer your questions.
    Hope this helps!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    I am going to the Chili Bowl in Tulsa ... I have a valid Kansas permit good in Oklahoma.
    If "no guns" signs holds no force of law ...

If the state's firearms laws preempt local ordinances ...

If the place you're going isn't otherwise disallowed because of restrictions on serving alcoholic beverages ...

Then, you should be good to go, carry-wise. I'd recommend checking to confirm these three things.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Go to Handgunlaw.us. Gary has lots of very good information there.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

sorry folks I guess I am a little slow today, I know my Kansas permit is good in Oklahoma and with the recent changes to the open carry laws there, I could also open carry there as well. I'm not big on open carry, I meant to be more specific to the chili bowl itself, if there are postings there to prohibit concealed carry in the building. Sorry for the missed communication.. I don't drink out in public like that or when I'm carrying so that isn't a concern. Thanks again..

It is unlawful for a person with or without a license to carry a concealed weapon into places where such action is prohibited.

a) Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conduction business with the public.

d)Any sports arena during a professional sporting event.

Secure it inside your vehicle and enjoy the races. It's been a year since I've been in the Expo Center, but with the new open carry law in effect Nov. 1, I've seen more and more gun buster signs pop up on too many businesses. We were better off staying CC.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links