Anyone live in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg Area?

This is a discussion on Anyone live in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg Area? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will be renting a cabin in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area from February 16-22 just wondered if anyone lived around there and wanted to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone live in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg Area?

I will be renting a cabin in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area from February 16-22 just wondered if anyone lived around there and wanted to possibly meet? Also looking to see some things the normal tourist may not see. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Check out the Sevier Indoor Range 865-774-6111. Those guys are good folks/nice prices. Also, a MUST visit for 3 hours is the Smoky Mountain Knife Works on Winfield Dunn Parkway. It's a sales store, but also a showroom that's way better than most museums, complete with huge displays of wild animals, knife collections and cool stuff like tacticle clothing. There's a gun show going on this weekend in Knoxville too. Welcome to the area...be aware there may be some wild-life walking across the roadways (don't want to hit a turkey) and have fun.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.

Ok will check it out when I get there thanks for the info. I wont be making the gun show as I wont be there till February and staying for 6 days
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Also looking for anyone in the area that maybe knows some trails in the mountains off the beaten path, that might have some time to show me
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Also looking for anyone in the area that maybe knows some trails in the mountains off the beaten path, that might have some time to show me
    I don't live there. But, I would suggest getting in some fishing. If you have a 4x4 I would also suggest getting a map & checking some of the backroads (east of the park). Some are closed until March. But, some will offer you solitude & pretty good fishing on the creeks, streams & river that run through the park. There are also several good historical markers & even a homestead museum back around towards the Cataloochee area. (Not the one at the Park entrance)

Personally, I enjoy visiting all the backwoods craftsman areas, historical places, homesteads & old mills more than almost anything. (My kids just enjoy the strip & tourist stuff more.)

-
    Jetfuelrm likes this.

Thank you I will check that out as well.
    Jeff Miller

I live in the neighboring county shoot me a PM and I'll give you some cool stuff to see.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I don't live there but have vacationed there twice. You have to go to the Smoky Mountain Knife Shop. Allow a few hours and a pocket full of change. I'd go back just to go in there again. You can also go online to preview. Cabins are great way to go. If so inclined, Gatlinburg zip lines are a blast. Ripley's aquarium is quite surprising. Have fun.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I will thanks for the info
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    I live in the neighboring county shoot me a PM and I'll give you some cool stuff to see.
    I might take you up on that as well jbum. If you don't mind, I might drop you a PM next time I go.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I might take you up on that as well jbum. If you don't mind, I might drop you a PM next time I go.
    Feel free been here most of my life.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I wish I was there most of my life it is absolutely in my opinion the prettiest place I have ever been, and I have been a lot of places
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Make sure you buy one of those handmade brooms. My relatives will appreciate the sale!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The handmade broom will probably work a whole lot better than the one the she has here its awful.
    Jeff Miller

Sorry if I'm threadjacking, but I may be vacationing there soon. Was curious about how CC friendly Gatlinburg is. Can you carry into Dollywood? Had a bad experience at AR State Fair with metal detector. Don't want that to happen again (Had to secure in car, was not found out, just was mad).
    "As the economy gets weak, the dollar loses value. Invest in precious metals." I'm investing in lead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links