For the guy at The Great Wall Buffet today

This is a discussion on For the guy at The Great Wall Buffet today within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Was at great wall buffet with my family (gf and 2 young ones) for lunch today. As we were eating, the hostess sat down a ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 13 Post By nobody_iam
  • 2 Post By NCSoxFan

Thread: For the guy at The Great Wall Buffet today

For the guy at The Great Wall Buffet today

Was at great wall buffet with my family (gf and 2 young ones) for lunch today. As we were eating, the hostess sat down a guy that looked about 10 years older then us, when he took off his coat and set it in the booth I seen light printing at 4clock, he then tugged his shirt down, patted it and tugged twice more as he nervously looked around and went and got a plate.
    This made it print so bad he might as well been OC. Then when he got back and sat down he tugged on his shirt a couple more times.

I told my gf it looked like his fist day carrying ( must have been hungry after wally walk).When I got up for round two I stopped at his table leaned close and really quietly said, you have to quit pulling on you're shirt. He looked up at me his eyes got big and he whispered, what? I said it again and walked away.

When I was done eating I went to wash my hands, I got back to my table, he was gone and there were fortune Cookies but no check. So I went the waitress and asked, she told me my friend paid our meal.

So if you're reading this, THANK YOU!

from my phone

2. Remove Ads

Good story. Now more than every we're under the microscope, it's important that we look out for one another out there.
    Jetfuelrm and ccman like this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Paid for all 4 of you? Nice guy!
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

We all should remember to pay it forward. We all started as that guy.

Before I had my CHL, I remember being in a youth soccer association office when a guy came in to register his two young twin girls. His T-shirt had risen up and had caught on the grip of his Glock being carried IWB at 4:30. I suggested he might want to check his shirt, he was apologetic and thanked me. I was younger and pretty oblivious, but realized if he was doing it, why not me? I signed up for a class later that month and started the journey.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Great story I guess that was his way of saying thanks. I agree we have to look out for each other. Well Done!
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Re: For the guy at The Great Wall Buffet today

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Paid for all 4 of you? Nice guy!
    As soon as I found out he paid, I went out to the parking lot, couldn't find him.

from my phone

Very cool.

Looks like it was a good day.

But I think I would be very hesitant to do what you did if I didn't know the person already. Afterall what if he was a felon or a bad guy wannabe?

Good thing he was a good guy.
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder View Post

But I think I would be very hesitant to do what you did if I didn't know the person already. Afterall what if he was a felon or a bad guy wannabe?

It's a good idea to keep that in the back of your mind, but typically, it's the good guys who are worried about printing or carrying. The bad guys don't really care and are generally good at playing innocent.

Re: For the guy at The Great Wall Buffet today

Quote Originally Posted by rangefinder View Post

What about innocent until........... I understand what you're saying.

With my job I like to think I'm a good judge of character (not LE)

My first impression of him, clean cut, well dressed but casual, early to mid 40s, well mannered. As soon as I saw the print we both(gf) thought off duty LE...... until pulling and patting of shirt, and look in his eyes of worried, someone might see it and he is "made" and cause a scene.

As we sat in a corner booth facing him with our two boys(6 and 3), in line of sight of him, my gf and I quietly discussed him for over the next 10to 15 minutes, before we came to the conclusion that he was brand new to the word of CC(as I once was) and not a threat......... Then I decided to give him a friendly heads up.

I think he probability thought of me as more of a threat to him( I'm 6'1 265lbs wide shoulders, told I look mean on a daily bases and have no reason to carry because no one would mess with me)

Just trying to give my view on why I did what I did

from my phone

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I just hope you didn't scare him off from cc'ing, I probably would have done the same thing...I always get a kick when I see someone new carrying, I too used to tuck and pull my shirt all the time...about a year ago My wife and I where going into a new burger joint here in town called smash burgers and as we walked in a crowd of three or four was walking out and they all started glaring and covering there mouths witth the oh my goodnees look, as i walked closer to the door I seen the reflection of my G23 in the glass the seat belt of my wifes car or something uncovered it and my t-shirt was tucked behind (sould have done the newby thing and pulled shirt ) was actually surprised that anyoned...Usaully you can walk thru town with a gun out and nobobdy even see's it
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Links