Virginia meetings: Fredericksburg/Stafford, Newport News, Annandale, Bedford...

This is a discussion on Virginia meetings: Fredericksburg/Stafford, Newport News, Annandale, Bedford... within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome guest. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, ...

VIP Member

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL

Anyone who supports the RKBAs is a welcome guest.

First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

1. Reminder: VCDL supper meeting in Fredericksburg/Stafford area on Sunday!

VCDL will have a supper meeting in the Fredericksburg area on February 24 at 5 PM.

Vinnys Italian Grill
    397 Garrisonville Road
    Stafford, VA 22554

No RSVP is required for this meeting.

Thanks to Donald Balsavich for making the arrangements.

2. Town Hall meeting in Newport News on March 2nd - VCDL represented

Dean Longo sent me this notice on a public Town Hall-type meeting. I have agreed to participate:

-

I am hosting a Town Hall meeting in Newport News next Saturday, March 2nd from 12:30 pm - 3 pm at the new Denbigh Community Center.

The Town Hall will explore the role of God in our lives and our rights, how the Constitution protects those rights and frames the argument.

We will address the violence problem from a conservative point-of-view and develop solutions that don't infringe upon our God-given, Constitutionally-protected rights.

The goal is to engage the community, explore the issues surrounding gun violence, and start identifying potential solutions and recommend policy proposals that don't impact our God-given, 2nd and 4th Amendment rights.

The audience will be allowed to ask questions to, and comment on issues brought up by the panel. The outcome will be recommendations to local, state, and federal legislators of potential alternative solutions that don't infringe upon our Constitutional rights.

I will be the moderator, we will have an powerful panel of respected experts addressing issues and audience questions including:

Del David Yancey, 94th District (Newport News)
    Newport News City Councilwoman Pat Woodbury
    John Fredericks, Host of the John Fredericks Radio Show
    Rabbi Eric Carlson, Congregation Zion's Sake
    Curtis Harris, Founder and Director of the Original B.R.O.T.H.A.S Outreach Ministry
    Representative from the Newport News Police Dept

3. Emily Miller to speak at VCDL membership meeting in Annandale on February 28th

Emily Miller, the reporter who has been doing a series of articles on the failed gun-control agenda of Washington D.C. for the Washington Times, will be speaking at our February 28 meeting at the Mason Government Center. The meeting will start at 8 PM and will be open to the public.

I have heard Emily speak at the Gun Rights Policy Conference in Florida last year and I think you are going to enjoy this!

4. VCDL President speaking at Bedford Tea Party meeting on March 28th

I will be speaking at the Bedford Tea Party meeting on Thursday, March 28th.

The meeting is open to the pubic.

The meeting will begin at 7 PM and is located in:

Bedford City Library
    321 North Bridge Street
    Bedford, VA 24523

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]

--

FYI -- In Virginia, it is legal to carry at any of these locations -- Open or (with a recognized permit) Concealed.

VCDL does not take a position on Open vs. Concealed carry -- or even care if you attend our events w/o carrying. It's your call.

However, safety mishaps, particularly with firearms, expose the organization to liability issues and could significantly damage VCDL's credibility as a gun rights organization. At all events, the rules and requirements of the sponsor/promoter shall be strictly observed.

Therefore, at all VCDL-sponsored meetings, events, or gatherings, loaded firearms shall NOT be handled at any non-range sites -- they will remain holstered or otherwise secured at all times.

-----

BTW, I, Dave Hicks, will be representing VCDL at a Tea Party meeting in Wytheville on 3/9. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by DaveH; February 23rd, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

Video of VCDL meeting with Emily Miller posted

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Thanks to EM Ed Levine for posting the video of last Thursdays membership meeting in NoVA. A lot of people requested this video. We had a PACKED HOUSE with between 150 and 160 attendees!

FULL VCDL Meeting - 02/28/2013 - Special Guest - Emily Miller, Reporter - Washington Times - YouTube

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org

----------------

If you ever get a chance to hear Emily Miller speak, take it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

Re: Bedford, Va --3/28

[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT 3/27/2013 -- with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

We had a great turnout at the James City County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday night! Gun owners with their "Guns Save Lives" stickers dominated the meeting, making up about 2/3 of the attendees.

SNIP

I am hoping for another good turnout in Bedford on Thursday (March 28th at 7 PM at the main library) for my talk at a Bedford Tea Party meeting on how to protect your rights in these troubled times.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org

---------

Dave Hicks back here:

I plan to be there.

I would appreciate it if any forum members who attend would introduce themselves to me.

I'll be the old grey (white???) hair / bearded guy handing out GSL stickers.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links