[Re-posted from a VA-ALERT with prior approval of VCDL. First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

VCDL "Pot Luck" Picnic on May 25 in Salem

A VCDL "Pot Luck" Picnic is being held on Saturday, May 25, in Salem's Long Wood Park. Please bring a covered dish to share with others. "Out-of-towners" please just come, we will feed you! ;-)

VCDL will furnish plates, napkins, plasticware, cups and soft drinks. The picnic is pen to the public.

Early birds start arriving at 10 AM and we will begin eating at 11 AM.

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

VCDL is a non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.

VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org

---------------

FYI -- In Virginia, it is legal to carry at in a local park -- Open or (with a recognized permit) Concealed.

VCDL does not take a position on Open vs. Concealed carry -- or even care if you attend our events w/o carrying. It's your call.

However, safety mishaps, particularly with firearms, would expose the organization to liability issues and could significantly damage VCDL's credibility as a gun rights organization.

Therefore, whenever the owner/sponsor/promoter permits loaded firearms, and at all VCDL-sponsored meetings, events, or gatherings, loaded firearms shall NOT be handled at any non-range sites -- they will remain holstered or otherwise secured at all times.

--------------

Note: I (Dave Hicks) will be representing VCDL at the Washington Co. Gun Show -- the same weekend. So, I'll not at the picnic. If you go to the picknic, you will be welcome . Just walk up and introduce yourself.

If you go to the Washington Co. Gun Show, stop by and introduce yourself to me.