Coming to Houston week of June 10th

This is a discussion on Coming to Houston week of June 10th within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I will be in Houston starting around June 10 for about three days visiting family. 1. Any places to score 9mm ammo? OK, I know ...

Thread: Coming to Houston week of June 10th

I will be in Houston starting around June 10 for about three days visiting family.

1. Any places to score 9mm ammo? OK, I know the answer but I had to ask.
    2. Any "must see" ranges there?
    3. Any DCers who might be up for lunch one of the three days? My Mom lives not far from the Galleria.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

No comments?
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Top Gun Range is in Galleria Area. I like the place. You can Google search for ranges.... Wal-marts, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Gander Mountain, Carters Country... you'd have to check them for Ammo availability. Also try Freedom Munitions - Houston (17482-B NW Freeway, Jersey Village, Texas 77040
    (281) 416-5493) (NW Fry is also HWY 290 it is just by 290 & Jones Rd.

PS* Top Gun only allows brass no steel allowed. They do sell Ammo , you'd have to call them to price it.

VIP Member
    I have ordered from 10-Ring and I believe they are in Houston, but I don't know where exactly.

Thanks for the 10Ring heads up, Live in Richmond/Rosenberg area just about 40 minutes away

If you get to the Academy by my house (Katy TX) in the morning, they usually have 9mm fmj. 1 box per customer. However, the other Academy that I frequent lays their incoming ammo as soon as it arrives (around 5-6pm) so you may have to scout the location nearset where you are staying to see when you have to lurk for ammo.

As for ranges, I frequent the American Shooting Center in George Bush Park. 15 minutes from the Galleria area. All out doors, handgun, rifle (50 to 300 yrds), skeet and trap (Welcome to American Shooting Centers). They have ammo as well, but the last time I was there, the shelves were pretty bare and the prices were unreasonable.

I would love to meet up, but my oldest daughter is graduating HS that weekend and we will have family in town. My wife would "frown" on me escaping for some range time.

Also, I only have 500 rds of 9mm 115g fmj Winchester white box at home. If you have difficulty finding ammo while you are here, PM me. I can probably sell you some (no mark up). I live 5 minutes from the American Shooting center.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Was in 3 Academy stores in Southwest Houston yesterday morning. All 3 had a limited supply of 9mm. 380 0n the other hand was non-existent. Last Academy I went to admitted they had just let a customer walk out with 4 boxes of the 380. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Will hopefully be out and about tomorrow morning and recheck the smaller caliber stock.
    Regards,
    OldGringo
    Thin Blue Line - LEMC
    Victory Riders Association
    Patriot Guard Riders
    "Standing for those who stood for us"

Sponsored Links