Moving to California :(

This is a discussion on Moving to California :( within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Company transfer to the Bay area - will be living in San Jose. Packed for the last few days and we load the truck tomorrow ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Moving to California :(

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar

Moving to California :(

Company transfer to the Bay area - will be living in San Jose. Packed for the last few days and we load the truck tomorrow (Friday 7/12) - should arrive on Sunday. Any suggestions for survival in the area will be greatly appreciated! :)
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Keep your nose clean and keep your SA up. Grew up in the Bay Area, not a bad place but the crowdedness made me get out. San Jose is like alot of place's has a difference between the economic levels. Good luck!!!

Camouflage! If you can pass for an endangered bird or cat, no one will dare take a shot at you for fear of the law.
    Inspector71 and BamaT like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

good luck. got several family members living in california. you could not give me that state. got more dumb laws than new york and high taxes.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Wishing you the best despite your move!
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Good luck. I was born and raised in the SFBA, Fremont to be exact. I spent the first 36 years of my life in California and, although I miss my family and friends there, I could never move back. The insanely high taxes (that are getting higher) and the anti-gun attitude (which is also getting worse) prevent me from even considering it. I was there in February to bury my dad. Things sure have changed out there! I thought it was too crowded and busy when I left in 2002. It's so much worse now!
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

I grew up in CA and moved to CO around 1995. You could not pay me to live there again. However, I will be traveling there next week. My daughter decided to go to school at UC Davis.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I graduated high school in California back in the 1960s and lived in the Bay Area for years. I have family in the San Jose area. I haven't lived in California since 1976. Now when I go back, I feel like I need to carry my passport and I feel naked without a carry gun.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

VIP Member
    Good luck on your transfer ....... I would suggest selling all your guns to us .
    tcox4freedom and jim282 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Um quit your job! Tell the company they are dissing your rights and you're not gonna take it anymore!

Just kidding, a good job is worth hanging on to these days. Arm yourself the best you can and maybe connect an amplifier to that SA. Best of luck to you!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    You actually have a chance of getting a CCW if you reside in San Mateo county, or one farther east. Good luck in the city.

From CalCCW

sensei2 likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I'm so sorry that you had to move there, have 3 daughters and a grandson living there and they have to come visit me, will not cross into no mans land

Good luck down there. I'll wave as you drive by. My wife is from down there but odds are pretty good that she won't be going back: 1. She can't drag me with a tractor to live down there. 2. Neither one of us would have our CCW anymore. 3. After living up here, my wife can't stand store-bought eggs anymore. Just learn how to drive like an idiot and you'll blend right in down there. One thing that area does have going for it is the ocean fishing so if she did somehow slip me into a coma and drag me down there, I would rarely be seen on land.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Send me your guns. I promise to keep them warm and cozy until you are able to move back to civilization.
    jim282 and Primalgunner like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Just keep in mind, Seattle is libertarian liberal, California is statist liberal. Take many trips outside the state and try to move out as quickly as possible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links