Anybody here from nearby SEDRO or CLEAR LAKE WA or Upriver?

Anybody here from nearby SEDRO or CLEAR LAKE WA or Upriver?

This is a discussion on Anybody here from nearby SEDRO or CLEAR LAKE WA or Upriver? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Upriver meaning east of WOOLLEY on SR20?? I live near Sedro, Clear Lake, Burlington up that way?? Anyone in my county? I'm just a hick. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FreedomRocks

Thread: Anybody here from nearby SEDRO or CLEAR LAKE WA or Upriver?

Cool Anybody here from nearby SEDRO or CLEAR LAKE WA or Upriver?

Upriver meaning east of WOOLLEY on SR20??

I live near Sedro, Clear Lake, Burlington up that way?? Anyone in my county? I'm just a hick. I ain't apologizing mind you I just prefer to be honest as much as possible. I was raised that way so that's the deal.
    Mostly I hang with old codgers from 40-45 and up. I don't much go further than Sedro.

Anyone up this way got good info on 22 ammo without having to sell a kidney for it that would be pretty cool. Gracias Amigo's.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Geeze Louise 6 months and nary a bite.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Add another 6 months and still nada zilch Zippo..

NN, I wish I was up that way even if just for a visit. I would stop in at least for coffee.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Sometimes I wish I did live in rural areas of WA like you. Here in King County there is no more places you can go plinking. Punching holes in paper at the range can get boring.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomRocks View Post
    Sometimes I wish I did live in rural areas of WA like you. Here in King County there is no more places you can go plinking. Punching holes in paper at the range can get boring.
    Bummer Freedom. Don't feel so bad FR. Punching paper don't even exist here in my county on DNR land sad to say. I can't say for sure but seems like the last time I shot on DNR land was 2002-2004. That just plain sucks every which way. At least with American Chinese food I can halfway deal with it.

Places to plink are vanishing daily here in Snohomish county, as well. One reason around here are all the morons completely trashing the countryside with their targets of choice. Big and bad enough to haul it in and shoot the living daylights out of it, but too wussy to clean up after themselves.
    It got to the point where I was spending more time trying to clean up after these azzhats in hopes of keeping the areas open, than I was shooting.
    Then add in the population explosion. There are now housing tracts in areas I used to shoot not ten years ago. Hell, as "wild" as Western Washington is, good luck trying to find somewhere that you can be alone and not run into a dozen REI types on a remote trail.
    Gotta get myself off this soapbox before I get into trouble with the forum rules.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

To get to anything resembling non private land in Skagit or Snohomish counties one has to head as far east as one can including right into/out to east of the down side of the HW20 or HW2 or I 90 passes. That's A LOT OF GAS/FUEL to get there and back again.

The next time I'm feeling wild and carefree I'll blow my funds on $40 of gas and just drive and look for places to shoot that are safe and away from the unicorn and fruitcake set.

Sponsored Links