Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I a quest to find a S&W 642 that turned up nothing, I ended up get my son and his wife a Sig P250. The ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KnotRight
  • 1 Post By AnthonyC

Thread: Sig P250

Sig P250

I a quest to find a S&W 642 that turned up nothing, I ended up get my son and his wife a Sig P250. The reason for that gun is that it is Double Action Only and they are not familiar with handguns. The Sig that I have (2022) handles the 9 mm very well with very little recoil.

Went to the in-door range on Saturday with 100 rounds. The gun has never been shot just a quick wipe down and some oil. They were only shooting at 7 to 10 yards but 95% of the shots were somewhere on target. Now this is for 2 people who really never shot before and a gun that was brand new.

After 100 rounds, I shot 5 more rounds and the trigger has loosened up quite a bit. I can only imagine what it would be like after 1000 rounds and a few more cleanings.

Impressions: If you are looking for a SD gun for the house or car for someone that is not really crazy or knows a very little about handguns look at the Sig P250. Now after shooting this gun, I am glad that I stopped looking for the S&W 642. I own a 640 and 642 but for a person that wants this type of gun, go with the Sig.
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the post. That kind of fits my description; I want a good, reliable self-defense pistol that doesn't need a gunsmith to keep running. I been shooting for only a year and bought a Bersa .380 for a CCW. Well, after the NYS SAFE Act was passed last January I also bought a S&W.40 before they could ban the already low 10-round mags for 7-round limited magazines! Well that part of the stupid law was amended so that 10-round mags are still allowed (but can only be carried with 7 rounds in them!).
    The problem in NY is that you can only purchase a pistol with a pistol permit, which requires a multitude of forms, fees, references and time. And every handgun purchased has to be recorded on the pistol which after purchasing the gun you have to bring to the local licensing agency in your county, usually the sheriff's department and give them the ticket. After a few days and another fee (of course) they give you a call and say your gun is cleared and processed and you go to sheriff, they record the pistol brand, model and caliber on the ticket and hand you a what is called a ticket to pick up your gun. That's for every pistol purchase so every handgun in NYS is registered.
    This is where the modular trigger group of the Sig P250 becomes really attractive. Since the trigger group is the piece that inscribed with the serial number, I could order and switch different frame sizes, calibers, etc. without ever having to go through that rigmarole again! The Sig P250 is the nearly the perfect gun for New Yorkers!
    WrongRecroom likes this.

I've had mine for a couple of years. I currently have 2 caliber exchange kits. 9mm compact and 40 sub compact.

It's been a great gun. It definitely has a steep trigger learning curve for people who know better however for newbies, its as easy to work as a windex bottle.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
    "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous." - Edmund Burke 10-08-1777
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
    Thanks for the post. That kind of fits my description; I want a good, reliable self-defense pistol that doesn't need a gunsmith to keep running. I been shooting for only a year and bought a Bersa .380 for a CCW. Well, after the NYS SAFE Act was passed last January I also bought a S&W.40 before they could ban the already low 10-round mags for 7-round limited magazines! Well that part of the stupid law was amended so that 10-round mags are still allowed (but can only be carried with 7 rounds in them!).
    The problem in NY is that you can only purchase a pistol with a pistol permit, which requires a multitude of forms, fees, references and time. And every handgun purchased has to be recorded on the pistol which after purchasing the gun you have to bring to the local licensing agency in your county, usually the sheriff's department and give them the ticket. After a few days and another fee (of course) they give you a call and say your gun is cleared and processed and you go to sheriff, they record the pistol brand, model and caliber on the ticket and hand you a what is called a ticket to pick up your gun. That's for every pistol purchase so every handgun in NYS is registered.
    This is where the modular trigger group of the Sig P250 becomes really attractive. Since the trigger group is the piece that inscribed with the serial number, I could order and switch different frame sizes, calibers, etc. without ever having to go through that rigmarole again! The Sig P250 is the nearly the perfect gun for New Yorkers!

Also look at the EAA guns you can change the caliber from 9 to 22 to 40 to 10mm all in one gun ( but only the 17 round version they do make 10 round mags ) .. EAA made the gun for the same reason Euro gun laws all gun need permits like NY state ..

But yeah I just say a 250 local with all the grips it is tempting I do like sigs

The Sig P250 is one of the best pistols for carry and home defense. The smoothest DAO trigger you will find on a pistol.

I'm curious to know what a 'SIG' has to do with "member meeting places"?.

Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

VIP Member
    I would have bought them the same pistol you have, the 2022.
    IMHO, it is a better firearm than the 250.
    Glad you are "educating" them in the ways of firearms and home defense.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links