Low Light IDPA Challenge. Leesburg, Florida

This is a discussion on Low Light IDPA Challenge. Leesburg, Florida within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; On May 19 & 20 there will be the first ever HQ-sanctioned Low Light IDPA Challenge in Leesburg, FL. This is a very interesting match ...

VIP Member

On May 19 & 20 there will be the first ever HQ-sanctioned Low Light IDPA Challenge in Leesburg, FL.

This is a very interesting match since it is held in lowlight to no light conditions and it will be a true challenge. We are used to train & shoot at normal daylight brightness, but the majority of incidents happen at close range & diminished light.

There are still openings for the match. Check the website for more info and forms.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    Too far for me Miggy but hey - my IDPA club, we hold a ''night shoot'' each year around September or later and man, is that ever challenging.

I admit we do allow use of flashlights and laser grips too but - it sure puts a different spin on how to operate.

Our last stage last year we had a truck parked behind firing point with rotating orange light which was bright - and the targets were very sneakily laid out not far away. That light played merry hell with one's night vision!!!

I did I admit find my CT grips a huge bonus.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    If anything shooting in low-light no-light is intense. You are used to holding the gun one way and all of the sudden you have to contend with the light.... and don't forget those pesky reloads! We do a regular Lights Out every 3 months or so at our club and it is a true love-hate fest. Last year's Florida State match was mostly like that and it was fun and frustrating for many shooters.... and the reason it was decided to make it a true sponsored IDPA match. One thing I saw is that no flashlight technique is perfect for all ocassions and depending on the level of darkness you have a tough time going with a light or not.... OK I am not making any sense but WTH.

BTW, no mounted lights, Night Vision goggles, cyalume sticks, highway flares or anything other than tritium sights, phosforecent paints and regular/tactical lights will be allowed..... yes, people contacted the match director about the items listed above.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links