Tucson, Arizona

This is a discussion on Tucson, Arizona within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My daughter and son-in-law are considering moving to Tucson to pursue a great job opportunity. If this happens, I will be hard pressed to keep ...

Thread: Tucson, Arizona

Tucson, Arizona

My daughter and son-in-law are considering moving to Tucson to pursue a great job opportunity. If this happens, I will be hard pressed to keep my wife from wanting to move with them so as not to be so far from our two young grandchildren. Since I know nothing about Tucson, I would appreciate it if Tucson CC members would post here so I could get some information about Tucson as a place to live.

Thanks.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

If You Don't Already...

Learn to speak Spanish...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Tucson isn't too bad.

It doesn't have a dedicated "Winter" like the northern States do. Humidity is very low except for three weeks in the Summer, Monsoon season.

Crime is low, unless you are living in the barrio and speak Spanish Only. Tucson is in a valley, and is surrounded by mountains. Skiing is about one hour away.

Tucson is growing by leaps and bounds. While it has an "infrastructure" it relies on tourism for much of it's income. Winter is "Peak" tourism time her with all the retirees. There are many golf courses, if you like your walks spoiled by a little white ball.

Two indoor gun ranges, multiple gun shops, four malls, a AAA Baseball Team and the White Sox do their Spring Training here too. It's a great place to live, if you like a dry climate. We've been in a drought for the last ten years.

If I can be of any help or more information let me know.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Tucson isn't too bad.

It doesn't have a dedicated "Winter" like the northern States do. Humidity is very low except for three weeks in the Summer, Monsoon season.

Crime is low, unless you are living in the barrio and speak Spanish Only. Tucson is in a valley, and is surrounded by mountains. Skiing is about one hour away.

Tucson is growing by leaps and bounds. While it has an "infrastructure" it relies on tourism for much of it's income. Winter is "Peak" tourism time her with all the retirees. There are many golf courses, if you like your walks spoiled by a little white ball.

Two indoor gun ranges, multiple gun shops, four malls, a AAA Baseball Team and the White Sox do their Spring Training here too. It's a great place to live, if you like a dry climate. We've been in a drought for the last ten years.

If I can be of any help or more information let me know.

Biker
    Thanks, Biker. That was very helpful. If I want more information, I will PM you.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Links