West Kentucky Members: Local Get-Together/Shoot?

This is a discussion on West Kentucky Members: Local Get-Together/Shoot? within the Member Meeting Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (From an idea on this thread .) Since there seems to be a few Western Kentucky members here, I thought I'd see how much interest ...

Thread: West Kentucky Members: Local Get-Together/Shoot?

(From an idea on this thread.)

Since there seems to be a few Western Kentucky members here, I thought I'd see how much interest there might be in an informal get together/shoot/dog and pony show and tell. I'm thinking the target range at Land Between the Lakes might be a good spot. No membership required and it doesn't cost anything to use (reservations required).

If there are enough folks interested, we could maybe decide (as early as possible) on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in June and I could call and try and reserve the range for that particular day. I think we can get it for up to four hours at a time for groups. As much advance notice as possible would be desired. Besides giving your preferred weekend/day you might want to indicate which particular day you would NOT be able to make it in case we have to be flexible on scheduling.

A little info on the LBL range: It's unattended. Besides having a reservation (individual or group) you must go by the Golden Pond visitor center and sign a waiver of liability (paranoid Forest Service rules) before using the range. I believe any guns are allowed. The only restriction is you cannot use tracer rounds. I've blown up my share of tannerite there so I know that's okay.

There is a small shelter... portable carport thing with bullet holes... and a couple of shooting benches but it's pretty much "Bring Your Own Everything". Probably about a hundred yards maximum distance, maybe just a hair less.

Strictly informal and just for fun. Shoot a few rounds... shoot a little breeze. We've cooked out there before, too. Obviously, alcohol would be discouraged.

If you're interested, post in here with dates you might, or might not be able to attend (Sat/Sun in June). Not just Western Kentucky members, either, but any within driving distance in TN or the PDRI (Peoples Democratic Republic of Illinois). You can also PM or email me. My email link should be enabled in my profile.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Hey,

I just saw your post.

I might be willing to drive down from Louisville for a day of shooting.

Anyone else up for this? Maybe we can get a carpool going
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Hmm. I had actually forgotten about this thread. I watched for any responses for a few days then figured by the crickets chirping there was no interest.

Meh. I just chalked it up as a bad idea and moved on.

I might make a post in the future when I'm planning a trip to the range and just make an open invite to whoever wants to come that day. Then again... maybe I'll just have the whole range to myself

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Ok, I will be watching
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Hrm, if it's a free weekend, I might will jump in on this (just want an excuse to ride my bike really). Or carpool will work too.

I guess that makes 3.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

If you guys haven't heard the news, DC.com has just put a link up to www.therallypoint.org under the Member Meeting Place. I'm spreading the word that you guys that are interested in organizing group shoots should start Roll Call threads over there and once you get something going, start a Member Group http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/i...p?topic=1352.0

The link has only been up for a few hours and not everyone has seen the Forum News announcement Bumper put up.

VIP Member
    Hi ya'll from KY....I started a roll call thread on TRP: http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/i...p?topic=1405.0

Come over and say "hi;" further, let me know if a West KY group interests all of you so I can get one started.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Sponsored Links